Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Beach 2015 - Part 2 AND My Birthday

We settled into a routine and the rest of our trip was very similar to our first day.  I made Russ get up early (he is not a morning person!) to set up the umbrellas and chairs each day and that worked great. The kids were up around 7a each day, which was 30 mins later than normal since we set Tyler's clock back 30 mins!! After breakfast and what seemed like forever getting sunscreened and dressed, Granna, the kids and I went down to the beach around 9a. Russ joined us around 10a after he'd had some peace and quiet to himself. We played down at the beach until it was lunchtime before heading up. The kids and Russ would swim in the pool for a little bit until I had lunch ready.

They ate breakfast on the bar stools every day.







The sand and salt water always seem to irritate Caroline's sensitive skin. She broke out in
a horrible rash on her face but a few days after we were beach-free, she was fine! Her skin
also gets really sensitive to the sun and turns bright red! It looks like a sunburn so a lot of
our trip she wore a swim shirt, but it was always fine once we were back in the condo.


I loved this sweet bonnet and it was perfect for keeping the sun off her face! I wish
 we would have gotten one sooner for previous beach trips when she was smaller.
They were great at carrying their rings up and down when they wanted to take them.



Teamwork to dig a big hole!

The water was so calm that these 2 splashed around and ran in and out of the water for hours!













In addition to the help of Granna, Uncle Brian was with us for the week and his girlfriend Candi came down for a couple days, too. Aunt Carol and Uncle Mark were also in town at the same time and stayed up the road in Sandestin. They came over a few days during the week to hang with us at the beach, too.

This little monkey loves jewelry so much that she kept swiping
Russ' ring and watch and wearing it around the condo!




It was a group effort, but Carol, Tyler and I caught a HUGE crab!!
Russ was not down to the beach yet and Tyler could not wait to show him!



Our clan looking for more crabs and trying to catch fish. They were everywhere! 
I love how far out you can go and still only be knee deep!


Caroline was extra smitten with Uncle Brian and Candi this day. She loved all the attention! 


We brought down the boogie boards from the condo. The kids had a hard time balancing on them,but LOVED being pulled around in the water since there weren't many waves.






Tyler loved throwing the football this week, And he got pretty good at catching it, too!



Then the kids would nap for a good 2-3 hours and they would play with the toys we brought from home in the condo while we cooked dinner. Eat, more playing, bathes, kids to bed, adults all relax! Then repeat for 6 glorious days! Ha!

Tyler got really into making creations with his Zoobs this trip.






This is the 3rd year that our beach trip fell during my birthday and it was definitely intentional. If  I am in charge of booking the condo for our trip, you better believe I'm gonna try to time it so that I'm there on my birthday! Normally, we go our to lunch on my birthday and then outlet mall shop, but this year, we opted to stay in because I really just wanted to read during nap time! While I was reading, Russ set up a sweet little birthday display pictures he had brought from home, homemade cards from the kids and my initials made out of Tyler's Zoob toys! It was so sweet and very unexpected! (Though Tyler was not a fan of Daddy destroying his snake to make my initials!) We had our annual shrimp boil for dinner and cake afterwards. I asked for money for my birthday to purchase my own iPad mini (and not have to share with the kids!) I am really loving it so far! It was a perfect beach birthday and I am so grateful!








I showered after the beach, but did not do my hair or makeup. #SorryNotSorry



No comments:

Post a Comment