Another month-end, another "Little Things" post...
September was a busy month, both at home and at work. NFL Kickoff and the NASCAR Chase (their version of the playoffs) was the source of my craziness at work. I had 3 work trips in a 4 week span for Kickoff. The first 2 were centered around the NFL's High School Honor Roll program, which is a program honoring high schools across the country that produced an NFL player or head coach that played in any Super Bowl over the past 50 years. The NFL is presenting each high school with a golden football honoring their player and of course it is delivered by FedEx! My first trip took me to the tiny town in Ada, OH where the Wilson factory that makes all the leather footballs (and all the official NFL balls) is located. We shot a piece of the golden footballs being packed and loaded into a FedEx truck there. Then 2 weeks later, I went to Canton, OH to the NFL Hall of Fame where we filmed the unpacking and installation of the "first hall" by Hall of Famer Lynn Swann. The special aired in part on CBS This Morning on Kickoff on the 10th and the longer special will run pre-game on Super Bowl Sunday.





 |
| Wilson Football Factory in Ada...it literally felt like I was stepping back in time! |
The following week, I also went to Pittsburgh to do a CSR event with DeAngelo Williams and the American Red Cross that I already blogged about. By the time that our beach vacation came, I was ready for a break!
We went back to the see Dr. Warner about Tyler's elbow. It was 4 months post-op and he is still healing great! Still had just the slightest palsy in a few fingers, We scheduled another visit for November, but he said that unless we have any other concerns, we could cancel the appointment and consider this one his final. Yay!
The kids had a lot of fun at school this month, too. Tyler's sweet teacher, Mrs. Neugebauer, shares a birthday with me. As the class room mom, I coordinated a surprise treat the week before (since we would be out of town) from the class. Mrs. N collects crosses so I had a cross made for her with a sweet scripture. The kids were super excited to surprise her and eat cupcakes in her honor!
The kids also had school picture day for the yearbook...here is what they wore to school. And the proofs are below, which I did not end up purchasing, even though they were pretty good, despite Caroline sticking out her tongue (her signature pose!)
Also...this also happened at the very end of this month...it's baaaack! Yep, my dreaded boot, which has been in the attic since this time last year is back! Boo!
I went to the doctor a couple weeks ago because the bottom of my left foot under my big toe has been hurting badly again. I have started run/walking again with a neighbor friend and the same pain where I had a stress fracture last year that landed me in the boot is back.
I went to a new podiatrist this time at OrthoOne in Collierville who was able to work me in fairly quickly. I absolutely adore Dr. Butler!! He walked right in and said, you can tell me what hurts but I already know from your x-rays that you have a seasmoid fracture. He saw the stress fracture and commented that it looked like an old injury and asked how long it had been bothering me. I went into my long history about having this same pain last year, seeing the other podiatrist who couldn't see anything wrong with my seasmoid, but that he adjusted my shoe inserts which then caused a metatarsal fracture that landed me in the boot. Once I was out of the boot, he made custom inserts to give me better arch support (which he said caused the pain) and I went on my way. Only after a few months of activity again, the seasmoid pain came back. I avoided going back to the doctor, because I didn't want to go back in a boot and I was afraid he was going to tell me I could only wear orthotic shoes or something. Dr. Butler told me to start wearing my boot again immediately but also ordered a CT scan to check the bone density of seasmoid to make sure the problem wasn't more severe. That is scheduled for next week, so here's hoping it's just the fracture.
In other big news, I got a new work phone! And not just any phone, but an IPHONE!! Y'all this is big. I've had a BlackBerry for 10 years now through FedEx and about 7 years ago I gave up my personal phone, so the BB was it for me. The thing was archaic, nothing was compatible with it, there are ZERO apps available for it and don't get me started on the phone. The iPhone has been an adjustment and it great for personal thing but not-so-good for work. FedEx is still working out the security bugs on it and therefore getting access to work email and attachments has been a challenge. Nonetheless, I'm still pumped! #welcometothe21stcentury
Here are a few more pictures from the month to close out September!
 |
| My little Snow White! |
 |
| With an attitude! Ha! |
 |
| Caroline modeling her new MJ backpack that she LOVES! |
 |
| Doing a Low'e's Build project at home. |
 |
| This guy looked at the picture and built this car all by himself! He was so proud! |
 |
| Where she likes to hide when I'm getting ready for church on Sundays. |
 |
| We love HUGE bows! |
 |
| Caroline's perfect little 2yo handprint on the fridge! I die! |
 |
| A new look for the dining room table with cotton, moss and Lily for Target bowls! |
 |
| Big news! Caroline pooped in the potty at school! YAY!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment