Sunday, September 27, 2015

Beach 2015 - Part 3

This year was still not an "easy" beach year, as the kids still needed a lot of help, can't be trusted in the water without supervision, can't carry much to and from the beach, etc. But, they did really well for the most part and it gave me hope that beach trips in a few years might actually become relaxing vacations again!! Tyler was pretty self-sufficient at the beach and loved playing the sand and in the water. Caroline needed more attention as she hadn't figured out how to really play by herself yet. We found inter-tubes at the condo and she LOVED going farther out in the ocean and twirling in them! Tyler also loved riding the waves (when we had some) on to the beach. They both really loved the ocean and didn't cry or get upset when they got salt water in their mouth or eyes even, to our surprise.


Our setup! Russ had to lug 2-3 umbrellas and chairs down everyday!
I die over this bathing suit!!







Riding on the float was MUCH easier!!







Caroline's eye roll! She is always making silly faces!




Uncle Mark was so sweet with Caroline and "fished" with her for forever!







This girl ate her weight in goldfish (and sand!) this week!

I did get to relax some everyday, mostly while the kids napped. I went back down to the beach and read most days. I finished 2 books on this trip! One day, I also took a nap. It was something I was intentional about this year so I would feel refreshed when the kids got up. Thanks to Russ for letting me do it!



We also went crabbing one night but did not have much luck finding very many this year. But the kids had fun looking!

Checking out the lights in the pool from our patio.






We ventured out for dinner as a family later in the week. We chose Great Southern Cafe in Seaside over Swankys this year. The 30A west bridge was closed for repair which made it super inconvenient to get to and we were all excited to go somewhere new. Russ and I actually went last year for my birthday lunch and we knew it was good. We went early and didn't have to wait too long. And the shrimp and grits did not disappoint! Afterwards, we walked around Seaside and then headed back to Blue Mountain Creamery for ice cream.





Shrimp and grits!

Caroline and her many faces on the yellow ducky!








I also attempted some beach pics with the kids before we went out to dinner. It was a little too early for optimum lighting so the kids were squinting pretty badly in most of them. I still got a few cute shots though.

The best Daddy carrying his babies to the beach.
Just keeping it real! Ha!







Russ and I ended the week at The Red Bar on Friday night with some church friends who were also down for the week. We love their crab cakes and you can only get them on Friday or Saturday. We met early so we didn't have to wait and gobbled them down! When we got back, we packed up to leave the next morning.

So long Adagio and 30A! See  you soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment