**We took 300+ pictures over Easter weekend, so I'm splitting this up into 2 posts!**
We went home to Clarksville to celebrate Easter with family. It was Caroline's first road trip and her first time to meet most of my Clarksville family. Since Tyler was out of school for Good Friday, I decided to pick him up early from school and head home mid-day on Thursday. Russ came home at lunch to help me load the car, I fed C and we were off to get big brother. Tyler had an Easter party at school, and I was happy that they moved his class egg hunt to the morning so he could participate. I braved the 3 1/2 hour drive by myself with 2 kids and the dog in tow and am pleased to say that it went well! Tyler did a little napping and watched Calliou and Thomas DVDs while Caroline slept the entire way! Wahoo! I have never before attempted the drive home solo even with only Tyler, so I was unsure how it would go.
Friday started with a early morning egg hunt. I swear, we have egg hunted at least once every day this week because Tyler just loves it! Ha! Mom and I also took the kids to get their picture taken with the Easter Bunny...there were no tears, but no smiles either. I am absolutely in love with matching brother/sister appliqued shirts for holidays, if you couldn't tell!! While Tyler and Caroline both took afternoon naps, I finished making a strawberry cake for Easter lunch. Tyler was quite a handful all day and was in timeout no less than 4 times, I think, for biting (his newest thing! ugh!), throwing food and throwing cars at Mommy. Needless to say, I was glad when Russ made it home with Brian and Lindsay that night.
 |
| Egg hunting at Granna's house. |
 |
| I love these PJs...he looks like such a big boy! |
 |
| "My chair" as deemed by Tyler. He climbed up in it to watch TV. |
 |
Both kids were in matching bunny shirts! (a picture of the picture...) |
Saturday morning, we were up early to head to my church growing up for their egg hunt. It was small and perfect for Tyler. The under 5 year old egg hunt was on the playground which was distracting, as Tyler really just wanted to play. He managed to pick up a few toys and 3 eggs, one of which was a prize egg where he won a crazy, loud, dancing chicken that he wasn't too sure about!
 |
| Enjoying a cookie after the egg hunt! |
We did our big family Easter lunch on Saturday. Everyone was super excited to meet Miss Caroline and see Tyler - Aunt Carol and Uncle Mark came into town from Franklin, Great-Grandparents Nannie and Papaw and Uncle Thomas, Aunt Zanetta and Cousins Aleighsa and Mason all came over, too. We ate entirely too much yummy food and enjoyed watching basketball on TV. We also had a fun mini photo shoot with Miss Caroline...she is really starting to coo and smile when we talk to her and it is so sweet!
 |
Aunt Carol could not WAIT to get her hands on Caroline. There was even an email countdown that started a few days before! |
 |
| Smiling at Mommy who was making crazy faces and sounds!! |
 |
| Ok, photo shoot over...this is C's pouty face! Love! |
Mason was very anxious for Tyler to wake up from his nap so they could egg hunt and play. Mason is such a sweet boy and Tyler just idolizes him! First we egg hunted in the house and then we took it outside - Papaw put quarters in eggs and Brian and Lindsay hid them in the front yard for the boys to find. Mason left all the "easy" eggs in the middle of the yard for Tyler to find. After all the egg hunting fun, we had a little family photo shoot and got ready for bed. It was a fun and exhausting day. C and I went to bed at 9:30pm!!
 |
| Mason pointing out all the eggs for Tyler. |
 |
| Tyler and Mason - super cute! |
 |
| Mason was teaching Tyler how to spell. |
 |
Love this hat that was a gift from Mrs. Darke, a sweet family friend who came to visit earlier that day! |
 |
| My sweet babies! |
 |
| Caroline and Mommy with Uncle Brian |
 |
| Tyler loved watching Bonnie fetch her ball. |
 |
| Throwing pine cones back and forth to Mason. |
 |
| Zanetta and Aleighsa with Caroline |
 |
| Sweet sleeping angel. |
 |
| Big brother proudly holding his "Sissy Caroline". |
 |
| Family photo - love this one! |
 |
| Daddy and C crashed out from all the fun! |
 |
| Tyler was still going strong playing with cars. |
 |
| Sweet boy ready for bed with his blankie and paci. |
No comments:
Post a Comment