I cannot believe you are already 2 months old!
You are a fairly easy and laid back baby, for the most part. You pretty much only cry if you are tired or hungry. Because of this, I take you with me places a lot more than I did with Tyler.When we are out and about and you need to eat, I will just climb in the backseat and nurse you and then we will finish going about our day! You just go-with-the-flow and I LOVE this about you!
A few more things about you at 2 months:
- You are in size 1 diapers now, so we know you are growing, little one! You are still wearing newborn clothes and pretty much live in baby gowns. They are so easy! I seriously feel like I missed out on these with Tyler since he was a summer baby and it was too hot for him to wear them.
- You are still sleeping great for a tiny 2 month old...so much so, that I kinda hate to put it in writing! We moved you to your crib at 4 weeks and haven't looked back. You slept a full 8 hours straight on March 12 at only 6 weeks old. WOW!! We added a camera to your room so we can scan between yours and your brother's rooms easily. You also have your own noise machine set to white noise. We are still swaddling you to sleep in a double swaddle, though you have outgrown those super soft A+A blankets so we have moved to the Swaddle Me and Halo Swaddle combo.
- Because you are sleeping for longer stretches at night, I broke out the pump. At your first morning feeding, I have started feeding you on one side and pumping on the other (at the same time!) to build a little milk freezer stockpile. This worked well with Tyler and seems to for you as well. Plus, it is a time-saver for me.
- The Ergo carrier with infant insert has been the biggest lifesaver item ever for us as a family with 2 small children. You love it and will go right to sleep when I put you in it and it is great to be hands-free to help with Tyler. I have also used it for shopping trips to the grocery store and Sam's so I have more room in the cart. I seriously could not live without this! We also still love the newborn lounger and the swing.
New things for you this month:
- You first tears arrived by the bucket-full on March 11. We were on our way home from a shopping trip at Sam's and we got caught in construction on the interstate and were dead-stopped for 20+ minutes. You were hungry and hated not moving, so you screamed so loud that I thought I was gonna have to open a window! When we finally got home and I saw your red face and those big tears, I almost cried!
- You have been spitting up a little more frequently so we elevated one side of your crib with books like we did for Tyler to help with the reflux. Most mornings when you wake up, you have scooted all the way to the bottom.
- You took your first bottle this month so I could go to the Orpheum with girlfriends. Daddy gave it to you and you took 4 ounces like a champ. You had 2 more bottles that week with Granna - one during a consignment sale and another while we went to a Tiger basketball game. It was nice to have a little break from the every 3 hour feedings.
- You smiled at Mommy for the first time on March 25th. I was a real smile because you saw me and not accidental one. It was the sweetest thing and practically melted my heart.
 |
| Sweet smiling girl. |
 |
| More sweet smiles for Daddy! |
- You went on your first road trip home to Clarksville for Easter. You did great and slept the entire 3.5 hour trip there and back!
- Your hair is starting to fall out some, especially across the back of your head because you are on your back so much. It looks like you have a little bald patch across there. And I wonder if you are going to have curly hair? The hair you have seems to be a little more coarse than Tyler's was at your age and will tend to frizz and curl.
 |
| Playing on your activity mat for the first time. |
 |
| How could you not love this sweet little face?! |
 |
| I am loving the fun girl clothes and hairbows! |
 |
| Posing with big brother! |
 |
| Giving kisses. |
 |
| Another one of my favorite outfits on you this month. |
These 2 months home with you have been so wonderful! I am loving maternity leave the 2nd time around and this precious time spent alone with just you. Snuggling your sweet head into my neck is just about the best thing ever. Kissing your soft, little checks is a close 2nd. We love you, sweet Caroline!
No comments:
Post a Comment