Monday, April 29, 2013

Puddle splashing

It rained on and off all day on Saturday and Tyler begged to go outside. We decided it would be fun to let him splash in the puddles during a break in the rain, IF he put on his rain boots. We gave Tyler the choice and at first he wanted nothing to do with his boots...we had tried them on him a couple months ago and he hated them! But finally he gave in to putting them on and kept saying, "I go outside splash in green frog boots"! So sweet! It is really amazing everything he understands, all of the things he is saying and remembering and how well he is starting to speak in sentences!! We let him go outside to splash and get wet and dirty for over an hour. He was in absolute heaven!
Ready to play in his "green frog boots".
I am playing with photo editing here, too...
Still a little unsure about walking in boots.
But he quickly got the hang of it!






Playing with a stick in the muddy water.
Pure joy!!
Running around and splashing!


Playing in the mud...ALL BOY right here!




He found the Pinterest-inspired stepping stones I am
working on in the backyard for the play space
using stones and paint we already had. 
Hopping from stone to stone and saying the numbers and colors.
I think he's gonna love these!

Tyler was soaking wet and dirty from head to toe!! When it was time to go in for lunch, I just stripped him down and he ate in his diaper. Then it was off to have an early bath before nap time. He woke up from an over 3 hour nap and ran straight to get his frog boots. I think he thought he was going to get to go back outside! But since I was home alone with both kiddos, we had to stay inside. He still wanted his boots on while he ate his snack. At one point, he spilled his snack on the floor and one of his boots fell off and he just kept saying, "oh no, my boot!" until I helped him get it back on. What a silly little boy!!

Side note...I was home alone because Russ went to BrewFest with a friend. Yes, I know, I am Super Wife and Mom. Haha! I'm only kidding! This was payback for Russ watching the kids while I met girlfriends at The Orpheum earlier in the week. We saw "Memphis: The Musical", which was fabulous by the way!!

No comments:

Post a Comment