We headed to the zoo for the first time this Spring and the first time as a family of 4 on Sunday. We got a renewed membership from Uncle Joe for Christmas and we were excited to enjoy the beautiful weather outside as a family. Tyler is so much more interested and aware of animals since our last zoo visit late Fall, so I just knew he would love it. When we put him down for a nap, we told him that when he got up we would go to the zoo. Well, the child did not forget because when he woke up he kept saying, "I go to zoo?" and he kept saying it in the car all the way there!
Tyler really did have a blast, like I knew he would! He was very interested in all the animals and could recognize and name the lions, tigers, monkeys, giraffes, zebras, elephants and bears. His absolute favorites were probably the zebras, elephants, polar bears and sea lions. And because we went so late in the day and stayed until closing, we practically had the place to ourselves. The other nice thing is that he rode pretty well in the wagon...for the most part, he would ride to the exhibit, get out and look at the animals and then get back in to ride to the next one. The last time we went, he would not sit in the wagon and wanted to be carried, which was nearly impossible for me to do being 7 months pregnant. I now see many more zoo trips in our future!
 |
| Daddy pointing out the lions |
 |
| Craning his neck to see the Tigers |
 |
| Pointing out the cheetah. |
 |
| Hooray! The giant gorillas are back out on display! |
 |
| Love this!! |
 |
Looking at the flamingos. He was a bit more interested in the ducks that were also in the pond. |
 |
| The ostriches were SO close! |
 |
| Tyler laughing at the funny ostriches! |
 |
| I just love the giraffes!! |
 |
| He loved the zebras and didn't want to leave them. |
 |
| Looking at the elephants with Daddy. |
 |
| He loved the elephants, too. |
 |
| Daddy treated us to a funnel cake, which Tyler loved! |
 |
| Mommy and Caroline were there, too. |
 |
| See, there she is! |
 |
She slept pretty good, though she did start fussing if I stopped moving for too long. |
 |
This polar bear paced back and forth the entire time we watched him. |
 |
Tyler loved this bear...he thought he was hiding from him and would squeal when he came back!! |
 |
| "Where bear go, Daddy?" |
 |
| My most favorite picture...LOVE this big cheesy grin!! |
 |
The sea lions were awesome! A couple of them kept swimming right by Tyler. He would chase them down the window. |
 |
We were the only ones at this exhibit and it was SO nice! Normally you have to fight for a spot at the glass to see them. |
 |
| Ok, 2nd favorite picture of the day with my 2 little loves! |
 |
The fountain was turned off and the steam was going in front of Teton Trek. |
 |
Russ wheeled him around through it and Tyler thought it was great fun! |
 |
Pointing out Mommy who was taking this picture from the other side of the wolf exhibit. |
 |
Caroline was starting to get fussy and all 3 wolves came right up to the fence. Russ thinks it was because they heard her and wanted to eat her. "A dingo ate my baby!" Ha! |
 |
LOVED the addition of the Growl towels in honor of the playoffs on the animals out front. #GritnGrind #GoGrizz |
When we got home, we decided to attempt a few family shots in front of the gorgeous azaleas blooming in our yard. I took a camera class the weekend before and had rented a new lens that was recommended (that I love and ended up buying!), so I was extra eager to play with it all weekend. I am still playing with the settings and working on getting the hang of shooting around the shadows and sun from afternoon lighting, but I thought some of these were pretty good. Tyler could have been a little bit more cooperative...oh well, he's a toddler! :)
 |
| My 3 loves! |
 |
| Russ is so in love and infatuated with this little girl! |
 |
I totally didn't realize that T was in the sun while C and I were in the shade! |
 |
| Giving Mommy a smile! |
 |
| Love this sweet-as-pie little girl! |
No comments:
Post a Comment