Monday, May 20, 2013

Weekend rewind

This was my last weekend as a SAHM. Sniff sniff! I go back to work on Thursday. I have absolutely loved my maternity leave with Caroline and hate to see that her only solo, one-on-one time EVER with me is almost over. The 2nd time around it is just so much easier and I have really enjoyed being home. It might also have to do with the fact that I am getting more sleep earlier, too. Prayers are needed as I make this adjustment, please.

Back to our weekend. Caroline decided to wake up at 3:45a randomly so we got a late start. We spent Saturday morning at Shelby Farms. Boy, was it ever HOT! Summer has arrived in Memphis! We fed the ducks (I think they were actually geese) and played on their awesome playground. Tyler loves sliding, so he was in heaven. They had a water area, but since we did not bring a change of clothes, we did not partake this time. Afterwards, we headed to Jerry's Snocones for our first time. Tyler was the center of attention entertaining everyone in the long line. Luckily, it moved quickly. We had to wake Tyler from his over 3 hour nap to go get his haircut, which he badly needed. We grilled out and enjoyed Muddy's for dessert.




The one on the left was kinda mean! He
kept snapping at the others and wouldn't share!
Over the ducks! Ha!

He loved these big huge slides!
He did great climbing up all by himself.

Made it to the top!


Taking a turn with Daddy!

This shows how steep this really was.
Tyler is not into swinging anymore and would not even try it!



Russ being silly!
He loved walking around the paths and kicking the rocks.
And running around...he was a sweaty mess!
Sunday, we actually made it to Sunday School - Yay! Caroline spent her 2nd Sunday in the nursery and did great. (I sent a bottle, so she was extra happy.) This was also Tyler's 2nd week in the 2 year old room. He cried when Russ dropped him off, but we were told he was fine and played great on his own. I love this room, because they really start more structured learning. They pull all the 2, 3, and 4 year old classes out for songs and a lesson and then they go back to their rooms for more applied learning. I love this about our church! I dressed them in matching puppy dog outfits. When Tyler outgrows these last few jon-jons (which will be soon!), I think this will be the last for him. He is starting to not like wearing them. Boo-hoo!
My sweet big boy!

Tyler did so good smiling for the camera and holding Caroline.
One smiling, one crying...
And the meltdown continues!
Love his face in this one.




We spent the afternoon at the ballpark watching Russ' first softball game. It was HARD going by myself and I'm not sure I will do it again. Between Caroline needing to eat and Tyler wanting to run around and not listen, I was a crazy Mama! At one point, he ran off to practically the farthest possible point and I had to carry him and Caroline back while they were both crying! The outing ended successfully once Caroline was full and in the Ergo and Tyler made it to the playground...where, of course, he went down the slides the entire time!

No comments:

Post a Comment