Monday, May 12, 2014

Camp Granna 2014

We decided to send the kids to Granna's for a week while I was at the NFL Draft on a work trip. Granna was supposed to come here, but with our kitchen reno, it makes it harder to keep the kids occupied when there are workers in the house. So, the kids took a week of vacation at daycare (and we didn't have to pay for the missed week!) and I met Granna halfway between here and Clarksville. (Russ stayed behind to tackle mounds of yard work.)

Tyler was super excited to go to Granna's house! They both had lots of fun playing outside and with all the toys Granna has, including some of the toys that belonged to me and Uncle Brian when we were little. Aunt Carol took a day off from work and came to play, too. She came bearing gifts of books, movies, bubbles and bath tub crayons...thanks Aunt Carol! They also took a trip to Granna's school, went to the park by the river and had Frosty's as a treat at Wendy's. Tyler even got to sleep in Granna's bed with her a few times as a special treat. 





Check out the crazy little girl in the background with a bucket on her head!



Blowing bubbles with Aunt Carol

Jumping on the beanbag

Caroline will climb on anything!!




They watched Frozen a lot...when "Do You Want to Build a Snowman"
starts, Caroline will start making the tick-tock sounds with her mouth. Ha!
I think they both came close to eating Granna out of house and home.


Tyler loves counting and can count to 100 almost all by himself, so this puzzle was super fun for him!
Finished product!

















Silly face time while eating popcorn before bed.

We now have an "Upside Down Caroline"!!

Granna also attempted to work on potty training Tyler. He was doing so well at school back in February, but has majorly regressed since then. At her request, I sent all his big boy underwear and his little potty. Tyler was really excited to wear his big boy underwear and did for 3 days, but unfortunately had accidents every time. He did get better at holding it though, so I guess that's some progress. This summer, I am just going to take off work a couple days and do the potty training bootcamp with him, I think.

The potty kinda became a play toy at times.
Caroline liked to push it around...
I really hope that this little girl will be easier to train.
Russ met Granna on Saturday morning to get the kids so that they would be home and napping when I got home on Saturday afternoon. He was so excited to see them and they him! They had lunch at McDonald's before making the trip home....though, I do think Tyler said that he wanted to ride back home with Granna to her house at one point. Our kids definitely worship their Granna. We are so grateful for her!

No comments:

Post a Comment