This visit was very minor for a cut on her knee that got really deeply infected. It was hard as a rock, swollen, really red and sensitive to the touch. Plus, Little Bit had a fever she couldn't shake and just wasn't herself at Tyler's party, so I knew it was time to take her in. I called her pediatrician's after hours line and they said I shouldn't wait until Monday, so off we went to the Peds minor med. Caroline quickly made friends with another little girl in the waiting room who was a little bit older than her. It was close to dinner time, I was glad I brought a snack and a bottle of water that we shared while we waited. We were told to apply a warm compress to the infection 3 times a day to break it up and we started her on an antibiotic. I got it flavored grape so she took it with no trouble.
After just a few days, the cut really started looking better - Hooray! Let's hope we stay out of this place!




No comments:
Post a Comment