Another work week in the books. I am in the throws of Super Bowl planning by day, so I was ready for the weekend! We had another low-key weekend as far as commitments went, but we did enjoy a family trip to the Tigers game! Caroline was in rare form and we did a lot of walking around to keep her pacified. In her defense, it was nap time. We also ate our weight in popcorn...I think we refilled the bucket 3 times!!
 |
| It is impossible to get a good picture of everyone smiling... |
We also finished several projects around the house...we used a Home Depot gift card from Christmas (thanks Carol and Mark!) to finally update our old light fixtures in the hallway and Russ installed those. We also started replacing all the knobs in the house to oil rubbed bronze last year. We did all the exterior doors and the front half of the house already, but this weekend Russ finished the back half of the house (bedrooms, back baths, closets, etc.) It was a small investment, but it looks so much better! And now some of the doors that wouldn't close before actually do! The joys of an older home!
In between hanging with the kids while Russ worked, I was prepping for KidsTown. I have been in a major purge mode so I have TONS of things to sell this time. Whatever doesn't sell at KidsTown, I will put in the Highland sale (another favorite) later in the spring.
 |
| Play-Doh at the table in the playroom |
 |
| This girl is obsessed with Dumbo...or "Bee-bo" as she calls it. :) |
 |
| Enjoying the pretty weather outside! |
 |
| An impromptu dinner at Mellow Mushroom! |
As an added bonus, it was a long weekend for me and the kids. Since MLK day was Monday and they were out of school, I took off to stay home with them. Not the best timing with work, but I was glad for the extra time off with the kiddos. Since the weather was nice, we met up with the Laundre' and Fields families for a fun morning at My Big Backyard. What a treat with nice weather in January! It was a little difficult wrangling both kids on my own without Russ' help (since he had to work), but my friends helped out. Tyler did wander off at one point and I had a brief panic since that place is so big. But when I found him, he was fine and all was well.
 |
Caroline and Connor (or Non-Ner as she calls him. :) The only picture I got with my big camera since it died right after this. Boo! |
 |
| She was obsessed with the puppy and climbed all over him! |
 |
| Caroline was covered from head to toe in sand when we left! |
 |
| Sweet Margo got in on the action, too. |
 |
| Neighborhood buddies...Caroline, Margo and Connor |
 |
| The big boys Preston and Tyler were off playing with these HUGE koi fish! Crazy! |
No comments:
Post a Comment