Sunday, January 11, 2015

Weekend Rewind

I don't know about you, but we were all sooo ready for the weekend! This was the first full week back to school and work after the holiday and it was a transition for all of us. I was definitely not feeling rested and ready even though I had been off for a while...I think it was our weekend trip to Nashville that through me off.

This week, I hosted the 2nd Annual Neighborhood "My Favorite Things" party at our house. We had originally planned for it to be in December, but rescheduled it to the first week in January because of so many conflicts. We were still missing a few, but we all had a great time picking our new favorite things. I do love these women in our 'hood!


For once, we didn't have a ton of things on the calendar for the weekend, so we enjoyed time at home. It was really cold outside, so we were pretty much confined to indoors. The kids are LOVING the new playroom layout...it gives us so much more room to play. And Tyler loves having the train table in his room...it has given him a renewed love to play with it. We also had Freddie the Frog home with us this weekend.

The ball pit is still tons of fun! They love to both get in it and make it collapse.


Our silly climbing girl!

The many ways Tyler like to watch TV... :)




All bundled up on a super cold day!
We celebrated Christopher's 4th birthday at Kids Play on Sunday afternoon. Caroline was the only girl at the party and was the star of the show with the other Mommies. :) She and Tyler both had a ball!

Enjoying pizza at Christopher's party.




Russ got the dining room walls skim coated, sanded and ready for painting. HOLY MESS! The dust was unreal! We did put up plastic to try to contain it, but it still got everywhere. The dust kept setting off the smoke alarm (and therefore alerting our alarm company since it is tied to our system), so Russ had to open the windows to get some air to the room. Then it was really cold!! I so wish I took an after picture of him covered in all the dust...he was all white! He worked really hard and I think the walls are going to paint beautifully now. I got everything cleaned up, but then we put the dining room back together for now. I need to start getting ready for the KidsTown consignment sale and I need my dining room for that. We will resume the makeover and paint in February after Super Bowl (which has started to consume my life!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment