![]() |
| This was taken at school and sent to me on her birthday since I couldn't be there! I love her dirty tights and scuffed up shoes....that is SO my Caroline! |
My Dear, Sweet Caroline - Girl, you have a big personality!
You are friendly, fun-loving, dramatic and have more energy than I have ever seen! That is why we affectionately call you "Crazy Caroline". You honestly think you are the same age as your brother and you certainly keep up with him like you are! You worship the ground that Tyler walks on and you love it when he plays with you and makes you laugh. But, you know how to push his buttons and you love annoying him by taking his favorite toys away from him, too. You love stuffed animals, necklaces and Sofia the First ("VeeVa"), Cinderella ("Lel-Lel-Lel-Lo"), Minnie Mouse ("Mimmie") and Dumbo ("Bee-bo"). You also love to pretend with your play food. You are still our little climber.
Your vocabulary is expanding rapidly and I am amazed at all the new things you say. You still don't speak very clearly and most of the time it is just me who can understand you. But you are starting to string words together to make short sentences like "Here, Mommy", "I did it!", "I sit. I eat." You can easily tell me "yeah" (we are working on "Yes Ma'am") and "no" when I ask you something. On the way home from school, you will yell "Mommy, Mommy" over and over until I acknowledge you to speak because you want to have conversations with me just like Tyler does. Most of the time you are just jibber-jabbing, but it is so cute.
Bedtime is one of my most favorite times with you right now because you LOVE books and singing songs. Some of your favorite songs right now are Row, Row, Row Your Boat: You Are My Sunshine: Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star and Baby Mine (from Dumbo).
Oh the joy you have brought to our lives! Your Daddy is especially smitten with you...which could be trouble down the road, I think, for him! We cannot wait to see how you change and grow this next year. We have been told by friends that age 2 for girls can be the most challenging as far as discipline goes (and for boys it is 3...super...we are going through both at the same time!), but we are excited to see you become even more independent than you already are!
We love you so so much, Baby Girl!! XOXO!
----------
![]() |
| Enjoying her sucker at the doctor. |
We did go ahead with pizza and cupcakes that night...Caroline enjoyed a little pizza crust and I did cave and let her have a cupcake...she gobbled down the icing and was super happy about it, too. I love how she was so excited to have "Happy Birthday" sang to her and when she was told to blow out her candle, she did just that!
| Saying prayer before dinner. |
| Happy for real food! |
| Clapping after we finished singing. :) |
| Blowing out her candle! |
Video of her blowing out her candle...Love! :)
Tyler helped her open gifts. She got a Bitty Baby, book and accessories from us, as well as Mickey Mouse figures. Granna gave her a pink cot like Tyler's blue one for camping and some new, bigger hair bows. She also got some great cards from family with money for her college account. Yay!
| Showing me her Minnie. |
On her actually birthday, I was back in Phoenix, but Russ took these super cute pics of the kids before school. And Uncle Brian came over that night bearing gifts...a Snow White dress, Minnie shoes and a big Minnie Mouse, which she LOVES!
![]() |
| Daddy tried to do her hair... :) |
![]() |
| Selfies with the birthday girl! |
![]() |
| Getting help to try on her new Minnie shoes. |
The celebrations will continue into February (after Super Bowl) for her party with friends. The Happiest of Birthdays to our special girl! :)

















No comments:
Post a Comment