SB49 is in the books and I am glad it is done! Since the Pro Bowl was in Phoenix this year the weekend before Super Bowl, several of our events started earlier to accommodate fans that would be in the area for both games. This meant I had to go to PHX twice...because I didn't want to stay for 11 straight days.
My first trip was for 3 days...The NFL Experience (NFLX) opened on Saturday, 1/24 with the delivery of the Vince Lombardi trophy. And since FedEx does the delivery, I was there to coordinate the movement. The actual delivery happened earlier in the week and this one was staged for media. I had to coordinate everything...the shipping of the trophy and coordination with our Opps teams, securing and branding the truck, selecting the courier, contracting and coordination with former-player Torry Holt, all the photography/videography needs and media. The moment was one of my most stressful of the week, but went off pretty close to perfect. Whew!
 |
| SB49 decal on our truck...much easier said than done! |
 |
Literally the only picture I took with me in it...post-trophy delivery with Tim and Andrew in front of the A&G trophies. |
After a quick trip home, I headed back out on Tuesday for the rest of my events that week. Wednesday was another big day with 2 events...a CSR event we facilitated between the American Red Cross and Steelers player, Le'Veon Bell AND the Waste Management Phoenix Open Pro-Am where we had our NASCAR driver Denny, former NFL player Jerome Bettis and Billy Horschel playing on FedEx's behlaf. Oh and both events were happening at the same time. :)
.JPG) |
| Bettis, Denny and Horschel |
Since I couldn't be in 2 places at once, I relied on our planning and my agency Weber coordinated the media and PR at the ProAm, while I was at the NFLX for our Red Cross event. Both also went really, really well. The kids from Landmark Elementary who participated in the fire safety obstacle course with Bell had a blast, too.
 |
| Le'Veon was SO great with these kids and all week long for us! |
Wednesday night, after a dinner out with my team, I got super sick. Caroline gave me the stomach virus while I was home and it hit. I was so so sick that I did not leave my room all day on Thursday...which was not only Caroline's 2nd birthday, but also the day we had hours of media booked with Le'Veon and DeMarco Murray. Weber completely handled without me and sent me updates. It was awful.
 |
| Le'Veon on NFL Network |
 |
| DeMarco on Dan Patrick. |
On Friday, I felt a little better, so I went to our team staff meeting and helped out with some of the hospitality projects. But then I ate a piece of cheese pizza and I was out sick again for the rest of the day and night. Ugh! I vowed to not eat anything but bland rice and chicken noodle soup the rest of the trip.
Saturday was a long day...I helped a lot with hospitality and then I went to NFL Honors for the announcement of the FedEx Air & Ground award winners. We had Le'Veon and DeMarco walk the red carpet on our behalf, too, so there was a big media component both there and during the press conference with our winners (Aaron Rodgers and Le'Veon) after they were announced. Honors was a pretty cool event, I have to say. After we were done with media and got our photos out on the AP wire, I headed to The Farm where the rest of the FedEx group was spending the evening with our customers. It was a super fun setting, but it was cold to be outside. The entire week had been unseasonably cool and rainy for Phoenix, so it definitely through kinks in our hospitality program.
 |
| The largest NFL shield ever! |
 |
| The end of the red carpet craziness! |
 |
| We really hired the most amazing photog ever!! |
 |
| I was waaay more excited for Olivia Munn than Aaron... :) |
 |
| Patrick Peterson playing giant Jenga with customers at The Farm. |
I made the call on Sunday morning around 2:30a to not stay for the game and head home a day early. Sunday would have been another 15 hour day and I was nervous about what food I would be able to find at NFL Tailgate and the game that would sit well. Plus, if I did get sick, I couldn't just go back to the hotel...I was at the mercy of NFL transportation which would not be able to take me back until at least the 3rd quarter of the game. I didn't want to risk it and I have no regrets. I got my job done and have seen a Super Bowl before...plus there's always next year. It was a long day of travel and I was never so happy to be at home and see my babies. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment