Caroline was Family of the Week in her class in January, as you might have seen from this picture with her and Connor that I previously posted. Her week fell the week I was leaving for Super Bowl, so I am just now getting a chance to post about it.
Like Tyler, we made a poster that was displayed on her classroom door. She is too little to really help much, so I pretty much had to put it together. She loved looking at the finished product before school. It was also Pajama day at school for Spirit Week, hence the reason why she's still in her PJs.
I was planning to read to her class that week, but my work week was just SO crazy that I postponed until this week. We did send a special snack to school during her week to make up for it (though, let's face it...she didn't know the difference! :))
When I did go read to her class, she was so excited to see us. (Russ came to take pictures.) I read the Wizard of Oz counting book that Santa brought her for Christmas. She was so animated when I was reading and was yelling and pointing at all the pictures. Her teachers commented that she loved books at school, too. When we finished reading, Rowan (one of her classmates) picked out another book for me to read. Then they got cleaned up and had snack. I was glad Caroline had that distraction because otherwise, I think she would have cried when we left.
I love being able to do these fun things in the kids classrooms. I am so glad that CtK does things to make all the kids feel special and that they welcome parental involvement, too.
No comments:
Post a Comment