Cherish these moments - tomorrow they'll be memories.
Tuesday, February 17, 2015
Icy Presidents Day!
I had planned to take Presidents Day off to spend with the kids since they were out of school. We had a few fun things planned with friends, but Mother Nature decided to deliver ICE instead. No snow to be found, but we had an inch or more of solid ice!
Tyler checking out the ice outside!
Of course Russ went into work despite the weather...he would somehow make it to work in an Apocalypse! So I was housebound with the kids. Tyler was desperate to go outside and play, so I hesitantly bundled them (and me) up and outside we went. I thought ahead in the fall and bought some snow gear for cheap at consignment sales, so they had the right clothing at least. It took forever to get us all in our gear for just a few minutes outside, but I was glad I took them. Freezing rain started falling pretty heavy towards the end so I made them come in after about 30 minutes. I think Caroline would have come in sooner...it was pretty darn cold!
Tyler had his eyes closed in a lot of these pics...I think the white snow was bright for him!
Tyler giving snow to Caroline.
Love these 2 so much!!
Tyler liked knocking off the icicles.
Attempting to make a snow angel in ice...it didn't work too well. :)
Group selfie!
We played on the swing set a little bit...it was so cold my lens was fogging up!
We stripped all our wet clothes off, got back into our PJs and enjoyed some hot chocolate. We also baked some peanut butter cookies to help pass the time.
The aftermath of stripping all the clothes off...
Drinking hot chocolate. Tyler liked it, but all Caroline wanted was the marshmallows inside. :)
Making cookies with my little helpers.
Their favorite part was licking the beaters and eating the batter out of the bowl.
Tyler helped me flatten the cookies.
My little bakers with cookies baking in the background.
Enjoying their hard work.
I begged Russ to come home early from work so that he could take Tyler sledding. I knew I couldn't do that by myself and I really wanted the kids to get to try sledding for the first time. Despite it being ice, others were having great lucky sledding on the ice. Both kids took a turn and we even shared the hill and our sled with our neighbors across the street so they could have a turn. It was a fun day home with the kids and I'm glad they got a fun day to play in the ice.
Daddy pulling the kids on the sled.
Towards the end, she would not keep her hat on.
Trying to stomp the ice.
Breaking off the icicles!
A few videos of the kids sledding!! :)
This one made me so nervous! They were at the very top of the hill!!
The kids were also out of school today due to the ice, so I worked from home with them. It was pretty impossible. I didn't get a ton of work done, but I definitely tried...especially during nap. The roads are still slick in many spots, but their school emailed and said that unless something drastic changes overnight, that they were planning to open school on time tomorrow. Hooray! This Mama is ready to go back!
No comments:
Post a Comment