Our Valentines Day was a busy one this year, but tons of fun!
We made our Valentines again this year (with a little help from Pinterest) and the kids both helped me. Caroline gave bubbles to her friends and Tyler gave heart silly straws. They both gave their teachers jars of candy, too.
 |
| Caroline coloring while I work on her Valentines! This girl loves to color! |
 |
| Caroline's bubble Valentines. |
 |
| Tyler's silly straw Valentines. |
 |
| We made 8 of these candy jars for all their teachers. |
Celebrating started early in our house on Friday, since I attended the kids class parties at school. I mainly went to help out in Tyler's class. Tyler's class ate their snacks first, then went and enjoyed their free time in the Nehemiah room to get their sillies out (since it was too cold to play outside) and finally distributed their Valentines and got to open them.
 |
| Our Valentine cuties ready to celebrate before school. |
 |
| The boys being silly...what they do best! |
 |
| Tyler and Rett...best buddies! |
 |
| His class all lined up and ready to go back to their room to open Valentines. |
 |
| Waiting patiently to give out their Valentines. |
 |
| They decorated Valentines bags and they lined the table. |
 |
| All the kids went around and put their Valentines in each person's bag. This took awhile! |
 |
| Finally getting to open their Valentines...they each got to enjoy 1 piece of candy. |
I was able to pop in on Caroline's some, too. They combined both 18mo classes together for their party and I looked in as they were eating. When I came back by, all the kids were up playing with the balloons their teachers brought, but Caroline was still eating. She eats SLOW and doesn't like to leave any of the good stuff. Ha! When I left, tears were shed by both kids...I'm glad I went, but hate that they were upset when I left.
 |
| Peaking in on Caroline's class. Of course as soon as she saw me, she was up and running to me! |
I took a half day and came home from running errands to this surprise from Russ! Flowers and a necklace I have wanted for forever! Eeek! He also got the kids Valentine balloons, which was super sweet.
On Saturday, the kids woke up to their Valentines baskets of surprises and Russ got donuts from Gibsons. Yum!
 |
I'm so excited about this book...it was written locally and has all of our favorites! And I even got the author to sign and dedicate it to the kids! |
 |
| Playing Tyler's new game. |
It was a busy Saturday for us. Russ and Tyler went to Lowes and built a Valentines picture holder. And then we all went to the MidSouth Ice House to celebrate Wesleigh's 4th birthday with a little ice skating. It was Russ and the kids first time to ice skate. Caroline and I did not skate since all the walkers to help the kids skate were in use. Tyler was not the most coordinated on the ice (none of the kids were), but he and Russ still had fun trying. He was pretty upset that he couldn't get a walker to try, but they were hard to come by.
 |
| Giving my Valentine some smooches! |
 |
Caroline dressed for the cold rink...she did surprisingly well just waiting around while Tyler and Daddy skated. |
 |
| Skates on! |
 |
| First timers ready to tackle the ice! |
 |
| Birthday girl Wesleigh and Cam skating with a walker. |
 |
| This happened a few times. |
 |
| Happy Birthday sweet Wes! |
 |
| Wesleigh and Caroline playing peekaboo with Caroline while she was skating. |
 |
| Jeff and Madison |
 |
| Meredith and Jaxson |
 |
| Jennifer and Gavin |
 |
| Caroline climbed on the bleachers while we waited. |
 |
| And enjoyed a sucker... :) |
We left a little early so that we could make it to AJ's 1st birthday party that was going on at the same time. We got there right in time for cake and some play time.
 |
| AJ was going to town on his cake! |
 |
| Sweet Iglesias family |
On the way home, we stopped by Las Delicias for a Valentines dinner before heading home. We got the kids bathed and dressed early and then watched Tyler's new Valentines movie, "Despicable Me". After the kids went down, Russ and I started watching "Friday Night Lights". It was a pretty great day.
No comments:
Post a Comment