While we were in Franklin over Memorial Day weekend, Russ and I snuck away to Macy's to mattress shop that Saturday night. A lot of our friends recommended Macy's as a good place to buy because of their awesome sales and we wanted to test-drive a few while we had babysitters. Their showroom was much smaller than the one in Memphis, but we spent an hour laying on the ones they had and got a good idea of what we wanted. We planned to pull trigger and purchase that weekend to take advantage of the great Labor Day sales and because Caroline is finally ready for her big girl bed! Eeeek! Again, this has been a loooong time coming.
As soon as we got home on Monday from Franklin, we unloaded the car and headed to our Memphis Macy's. We looked at our top 2 finalists that we liked best in Franklin and also some new ones. After much deliberation between Russ and I, we ended up with a Simmons Beautyrest Black Label Luxury Firm mattress, box-springs and bed frame! I was so sad that it was going to take a week for delivery, but was pumped to have made this purchase, even though the sticker shock is still looming. We also sprung for some new memory foam pillows with cooling cube technology since they were on major sale. We both love, love, love them!
The delivery experience was a little less than desirable, but ended up ok. I worked from home during the 2 hour window for delivery and they called before they were to come and said that they didn't have our box springs! Apparently they were never ordered. We were sleeping on a mattress on the floor (because I sold our queen bed over the weekend), so we needed our bed! They gave us loaner box springs, ordered our new ones and said they would swap them out when they arrived, which took another week and a half. BUT...it was worth the wait!! Ta-da!!
![]() |
| We've had the King headboard for over a year...I got it for a steal at Target online of all places! |
| Fun little detail that I added to spice up the lamp on my bedside table. I love a good tassel! |
| I recovered this chair last fall in the green because I knew eventually it would match the new look I was planning! |
I know we've only had it for a short time, but this bed is a total game changer for our marriage! First and foremost, I can sleep with as many pillows as I want and Russ still has plenty of room. (For the record, I sleep with 4...a habit I started when pregnant that I never let go of. Ooops!) I also go to bed before Russ so that I can watch TV before I go to sleep. Russ can't have the TV on to go to sleep and I have a hard time without it...another bad habit I started in the days when I lived alone pre-marriage. Often the remotes stay in the bed with me all night and Russ HATES it. If there is a remote on his side of the bed, he throws it on the floor (loudly!) and gets all huffy. Now, the remotes have tons of room and don't bother him. It's the little things! But in all seriousness, this bed gives us both the room to spread out and is perfectly firm. I am sleeping WAAAY better and my back is not sore when I wake up, though it did take my body a little time to get used to. And the kids love our big new bed. Tyler says we got it so that we can all sleep in the same bed...Hahaha!
I am sure this is the longest post in the history of ever about a mattress, but there you go. We LOVE it! :) And our queen mattress is now in the guest room upstairs, which gives our guests more room, too.




No comments:
Post a Comment