Friday, June 29, 2012

Sonoma, Day 2

 **I should note that, being pregnant, I didn't get to drink any wine on this trip. I discussed it with my doctor before we left and she said that I could sip, but not taste since I was in the first trimester. We also weren't telling anyone yet, so that made it a little more challenging as I was spiting it all out afterwards and giving Russ my leftovers to drink so none of my co-workers would notice. **

Since we got all our prep work done at the track on Friday, we were able to spend all of Day 2 at wineries! Hooray! It was our first time to the Sonoma/Napa area, so we relied on friends who were with us to plan this day. We started at Sebastiani, which is a favorite of many in our group, with a tour and tasting. Afterwards, we had a lovely picnic on the grounds...the team went to the store the day before and bought all the fixings for lunch. It was just perfect!!










After we finished up lunch, we headed to Paraduxx for a tasting. This setting was absolutely gorgeous and one of my favorites of the entire trip. Getting out of our car to rows of grapes was just amazing and so authentic! We did our tasting outside at a long table and it was just a fun, authentic experience.









We ended our day at Domaine Chandon, which is known for it's sparkling wines and champagne. Again, we did our tasting outside and I was so glad we had a reserved table because it was pretty crowded. We ran into a fun group (who all had quite a bit to drink!) with a girl who had the same camera strap as mine...Russ was the master photographer for most of the trip and was catching a lot of flack on his floral camera strap (which was really my pick). It was pretty funny that we saw someone else with the identical one!

Beautiful grounds at Domaine Chandon!

Setting up for a wedding







Matching camera strap girl - ha!
I'm bummed that I didn't hop in the his photo...
We all had the munchies after we left so we broke out the
food that was leftover from our picnic in the parking lot!

Wine for days! We bought a box and filled it with our favorite 12 bottles from all our winery stops.
It was a good, but LONG day of drinking, which of course I wasn't really doing. Russ did a good job of helping me conceal our pregnancy news and because of it was pretty tipsy at the end of the day. We headed back to the hotel and we happy to call it a night!

No comments:

Post a Comment