Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Caroline is 8 months old

How can it be that our baby girl is already 8 months old!?! Time is just flying!


You are chunking up, little bit!! It must be from all those 8oz. bottles you are now taking!  I am still breastfeeding you in the morning and at night and you are getting (1) pumped bottle and (2) formula bottles at daycare in addition to baby food.


You bottom 2 teeth are almost all the way in now and you cut both of your top teeth this month, too. The worst thing about teeth coming in is biting...and you bit me while I was nursing you and it HURT. I yanked you off so fast that it startled you and I scolded you pretty good, too, so I'm hoping it won't happen again!

I also finally got around to finishing decorating your bookshelf this month. I painted a "C" pink, added some of my Madame Alexander and American Girl dolls, framed your birth announcement and ordered prints of a couple of my favorite songs that I sing to you. I am excite how it turned out.



NEW and fun things you did during your 8th month:
  • You held your own bottle for the first time this month on Labor Day. It's so helpful that I can give you a bottle and you can feed yourself, but is very bittersweet. We are still holding you while you eat to savor all these last baby moments.
  • You had your first trip to the beach and did great! You loved the sand and were iffy about the water.
  • We had quite the adventure on a recent road trip with you....you had a poop and vomit explosion that required us to pull over on the side of the road to get you clean. It was everywhere! I was never so grateful to 1) have a change of clothes for you; 2) have tons of baby wipes; 3) have the piddle pad in the bottom of your car seat that we could just slide out wash later. WHEW! What a mess!
  • You still love to spit! You are so crazy! You get it everywhere and think you are just so hilarious.
  • You have started reaching for me and it just melts my heart every.single.time.
  • Nothing within reach of you is safe...you want everything! Your most coveted item these days is my phone, of course! You also want the fruit in the dough bowl on the kitchen table...you grab it while you are eating and get food all over the place. You also grab all the placemats, Daddy's book that he leaves on the table, etc. 
  • You have been saying "baba" a lot this month and have started trying to copy noises and sounds that we make with our mouths, too.
      You still such an easy baby and we are so grateful for that! You are easy-going for the most part and go with the flow with our busy schedules. I have a feeling you will pay us back in other ways as you get older! :)

      Here are some of my favorite pictures of you from the past month:







      Trying to get a glimpse of your 2 bottom teeth!




      Holding your own bottle like a big girl! 
      Too big for the infant seat. Sniff!

      No comments:

      Post a Comment