On Friday night, we went to the Liddell family Halloween party. It was kid friendly and encouraged both kids and adults to dress up.
Tyler went as a penguin but we decided to change up Caroline's costume to coordinate with Russ and mine. While I was searching on Pinterest for DIY couple costumes, I came across the popcorn vendor idea. I just KNEW we had to do it since this would be our only opportunity to utilize the baby carrier. I got the red aprons and bow ties cheap from Amazon and then I DI|Y'ed the popcorn bag out of felt and attached it to the carrier. I already had the white hat and just hot glued real popcorn to it. I was just thrilled with how it turned out and we were the hit of the party.
 |
Tyler jumped in for a family shot, though he and Caroline both were distracted with everything else going on! |
Kalista and Sloan really went all out with this party. They had fantastic decorations everywhere and had tons of yummy food and drinks for kids and adults, all labeled with cute themed tags. Kalista planned so many fun activities for the kids including a skeleton boneyard hunt with glo-necklaces, a pinata and making s'mores over the fire. Tyler loved looking for bones, but he was too busy eating a sucker to want to take a turn at the pinata. Ha! With Russ' help, he roasted and ate his first marshmallow, too.
 |
| Caroline and Mommy helped Tyler on the bone hunt. |
 |
| Checking out all of his bones! |
 |
| Enjoying his sucker. |
 |
| Roasting his first marshmallow with Daddy. |
 |
| Captain America (aka Cooper) watching them roast. |
 |
| Yummy!! |
Caroline as popcorn was truly the hit of the party. I broke her out of the carrier so she could visit with everyone and she was happily passed around. I sure do love this sweet, easy-going girl of mine!
 |
| Ashli and Kalista with Caroline. |
 |
| Sweet Shera was in town from Nashville. Her costume was fabulous! |
 |
| Loved visiting with these sweet girls! |
We planned to leave early to get the kiddos to bed, but it was prompted a little earlier than planned when Tyler had a major meltdown over the Incredible Hulk costume. Another kid was the Hulk and whenever he put his mask on, Tyler ran completely terrified to either Russ or me. We tried to show him it was just a mask, but he was not having it! He wasn't scared of the skeletons or the devil...only the Hulk!
No comments:
Post a Comment