Sunday, September 28, 2014

Family Beach Trip 2014, part 2

This beach trip was not really a restful trip for us, but that's to be expected with our kids at this age. I know each year will get easier there. I did still manage to read 2 books (I am enjoying my new birthday Kindle) and Russ finished 1, so that was nice. We also had lots of extra hands in Granna, Aunt Carol and Uncle Brian, which was SO nice! I don't think we helped with dinner very much any night, except for the nights when we grilled out.

Enjoying some nap time peace and quiet!
I also got in a couple runs during our trip...this was at the end of a 4 miler on 30A.
My birthday (35!) intentionally fell during our trip again this year. We enjoyed the beach with the family in the morning, but Russ and I ventured out for a late lunch after we got them down for a nap. We went to the Great Southern Cafe in Seaside and enjoyed sharing a few yummy small plates and appetizers. It was perfect! Afterwards, we headed to Sandestin to the outlet mall to shop for Russ. This is when we do the majority of clothes shopping for him for the year because we have the time together to do it. He ended up with a new suit, 2 dress shirts, 2 ties, 1 pair of khakis, 2 pairs of shorts, 1 polo short, 2 pairs of shoes, 3 pairs of socks...and maybe some other things I am forgetting! Ha!I have been doing tons of online shopping for myself, so I only left with a new sweater tunic and a scarf. I'd say it was a very successful shopping trip!

We got back to the condo and enjoyed our annual shrimp boil with the family for dinner. We also had cake to celebrate my birthday. Note to self...don't get a cake with blue icing...everything was stained blue!!











Loving the cake!


Caroline getting in on the tongue smiles, though hers was not early as blue!
Straight to the tub after cake! This is how we bathed them each night. Ha!
I love birthdays at the beach!!

No comments:

Post a Comment