Every Wednesday, the preschool classes at CtK goes to chapel in the mornings. They walk over from their building to sing songs and learn a short lesson. I think this is so great, because it is teaching our kids to sit still, be quiet and listen.
Yesterday, they invited parents to come to chapel for family day. The intent was to then visit the next classroom up so that you could decide if you wanted to request a certain teacher for the following year...but we already know who we want for 2's and 4's, so I just used it as an opportunity to visit their current classrooms. Russ had a work meeting and couldn't make it, unfortunately.
I saw Tyler first and he was SO excited to see me! He kept wanting me to come sit up close to him and was talking loudly at first while I kept telling him to turn around. Ms. Beaudry then moved him next to her to keep an eye on him. Ha! When Caroline's class came in, she spotted me immediately and was so surprised to see me. She would not go sit with her class and immediately wanted me, so I just went and sat with her class.
(Blackberry pics below...sorry!)
 |
I snapped this picture after I parked of all the kids walking to chapel. Tyler is in the middle in all blue. |
 |
| Peeking over the pew looking for me. |
 |
| Caroline's class walking in. |
 |
| I snapped this right before she spotted me. |
The Kindergarten and 1st graders from the upper school led the program and it was super cute. I was surprised at how many kids (including Tyler) knew and participated in singing the songs and doing the hand motions. It was really cute. I was also shocked at how well the Tots (Caroline's class) did! For the most part, they sat still and just watched...it was amazing!
 |
| After chapel was over, the kids started getting anxious to leave. |
 |
| Caroline's class...sweet Connor was the only one who stayed seated until it was time to walk. |
Afterwards, we headed back over to their classrooms. It was snack time in Caroline's room and Tyler's class was starting circle time, going over the weather and the day of the week/month. I so enjoyed getting a sneak into their day and I think both kiddos liked having me visit.
 |
Caroline checking out her snack before she washed hands...she had a meltdown because she wanted to eat right then! Ha! |
 |
| Sweet Connor. |
 |
| She's still a little teary-eyed after recovering from her meltdown. |
 |
| I loved this picture of Tyler in his "self-control" pose...she has them all sit "criss-cross applesauce" and hug themselves to get ready to listen. I was surprised that Tyler was one of the few who listened to her directions right away. First time for everything! |
No comments:
Post a Comment