It's Memphis in May and the Brasfield family took in Barbecue Fest bigger than ever this year! I used to not be a huge fan of BBQ Fest, but as we've gotten older and we know more people with tents, it really is a good time. Thursday is our favorite night to go...it is the first big night but not as crowded as Saturday. Kelly P. (one of our favorite sitters) watched Tyler so we could go downtown. We weren't able to get around to everyone's tent that we knew, but were able to visit 5 different ones before midnight when they kicked out everyone who wasn't on a BBQ team. I know - midnight!! So crazy!! I don't think I got in bed until 1:30a!! Alas, there is no sleeping in with a baby in the house, so I was up at 7a. At least I had Friday off (Russ did not!) and I was able to slowly ease into my day.
On Saturday, we took Tyler down for his first BBQ Fest experience. We hung out in Uncle Brian's booth mostly and visited with cousins Frankie and Margaret who made the trip from KY. It was fun, but so HOT!! I am not ready for the brutal summer heat yet, but apparently it is here. Tyler tried pulled BBQ pork shoulder - he did not like the texture and kept spitting it out. But, he LOVED the smoked BBQ bologna...probably the only time he will get to eat that yucky stuff. (Though my brother and I both loved it as kids.) We left late afternoon when Tyler started getting a little fussy and tired. We thought he'd nap on the way home, but he did not. We were pleasantly surprised at how happily he played the rest of the day. He also tried a yogurt popsicle for the first time today, too, and loved it! He should sleep good tonight!
 |
| Hanging on the 2nd floor of the booth with Daddy! |
 |
| It is always a fun game to try and take the hat off. |
 |
| With Aunt Margie!! |
 |
| Walking with Daddy. |
 |
| Love this little guy! |
 |
| You can kinda see the bridge in the background... |
 |
| Uncle Brian, Tyler and Mommy |
 |
| There's the bridge - this is a good one! |
 |
| Told you it was HOT!! |
Eating BBQ pig like a little pig!!! Haha!
 |
Sharing a yogurt pop with Mommy after we got home.
It is getting hard to eat now without him wanting what I have! |
 |
| LOVING IT! |
 |
| Full mouth of ice cream!! Silly boy! |
No comments:
Post a Comment