To continue with our Memorial Day fun, Sunday was a lazy lay-around-the-house day. (Too much fun for Mom and Dad on Saturday night!!) We all slept in until about 8:15a, which was nice! Tyler played in the house all morning - he is so busy and is seriously into everything!! He is testing his limits with us and we are using "NO!" much more often now. Most of the time he will stop, but we have to repeat it several times. Sometimes, he smiles and laughs...trying not to smile/laugh back can be hard but we know we have to be firm now or we'll lose control! But, we are really enjoying this age...his little personality is just contagious!
 |
| Nothing on the coffee table is safe! |
 |
| Taking little break to watch a DVD. |
 |
| He loves his chair and of course ANY ball! |
We also got in some swimming time with Tyler and he tried out his pool float for the first time. The water was still cold (76*), but he tolerated it pretty well. I think he will love it when it warms up a bit more. Granna, Tyler and I went for a walk in the neighborhood, too.








Sunday night we all went to our first Zoo Members Night! We were on the fence about going since it didn't start until 6p and that's close to bedtime, but we were glad we did! It had cooled down considerable so it wasn't nearly as hot and it wasn't too crowded. We got to feed the giraffes (which I had done before several years back) and it was so neat! The highlight of the visit and the best $5 we've spent at the Zoo, besides the membership. We also saw part of the sea lion show before we had to leave because Tyler was tired and done. On the way out, Tyler and I rode the carousel. We weren't sure how he would do since he was tired, but he did great! We got home and got him to bed by 8:30p, so just a little behind schedule. Oh well, it was worth it!
 |
| Family picture outside the Zoo!! |
 |
| Waiting to see the giraffes with Mommy! |
 |
| Now Daddy...he is heavy so we had to switch! |
I swear, I need to institute a new rule where Russ tells me when he is using the video camera so I don't sound like an idiot!! Hahahaha.
 |
| Watching the sea lion show. |
 |
More interested in climbing and the people behind us than the show! |
 |
| Of course we chose the Tiger! |
Monday was more of the same. I started the day off with Boot Camp at 6:30a at Christ United Methodist (I joined last week!) We did some more swimming and broke out Tyler's tugboat that was an early birthday gift from Granna. We went for another walk in the neighborhood. Russ also finished the pool safety fence....hooray!! It took a lot of work over 2 weekends, but it looks great! Thanks honey! Granna left today, too, (sad!) but she'll be back in less than 2 weeks for the big birthday! We finished off the night with yummy burgers and pork tenderloin for dinner on the grill. Such a fabulous, wonderful weekend!!
 |
| All ready for our Memorial Day walk in the neighborhood! |
 |
He LOVED this hat but liked taking it on and off, so this is the best pic I got! |
 |
| Liking his walker a whole lot more now! |
 |
| Safety fence done!! It doesn't look so bad, I don't think. |
 |
| Eating watermelon for the first time!! |
 |
| Wild and happy boy! |
 |
| Showing off his "TOUCHDOWN" trick! |
No comments:
Post a Comment