Saturday, May 5, 2012

First family bike ride

This morning we decided to attempt our first bike ride as a family. I got a bike for Christmas and we were given a  hand-me-down bike seat for Tyler, so we were all set. Russ installed the bike seat and aired up our tires this morning. It was a small struggle to get on Tyler's helmet and strap him into his seat, but once Russ started pedaling, he was ok. We decided to stay in the neighborhood just in case he melted down or we had trouble. Good thing we did because Tyler fell asleep after only 10 minutes! Ha! Oh well, there will be many more rides in our future, I'm sure.

(I promise, I was riding, too...just the picture taker, as usual.)
Helmets on and ready to roll!

Hanging on and looking around.
And they're off! (Yes, Russ has flip flops on...he is a dork!)
Riding down the street.
Heading back because we have a sleeping passenger.
Opening his eyes to see why we stopped.
Close up - leaning his little head against the bar. So sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment