This past weekend was my first official Mother's Day and it was great! (We actually celebrated last year since I was 36 weeks pregnant, but this year was extra special since Tyler was here. :)
Russ and I both took Friday off to get an early jump on the weekend...not because of Mother's Day, but to do things around the house and I am still in vacation burning mode before the end of our fiscal year. I had a million errands to run, needed to pack for our trip home and Russ was going to keep busy mowing the yard, changing the sand in our pool filter and assisting with our pool opening. Well, the day did not go quite as planned because wouldn't you know it that Tyler got sick?? Of course! 102.7 fever! So he stayed home. Russ was still productive - yard mowed, sand changed, pool opened (though they were late!) and I managed to get us packed (with a cranky Tyler attached to my hip) and even run a couple errands while Tyler took his afternoon nap. We also got our cars detailed at the house...a special treat for both of us! We left town a little later than we hoped, but that's life these days.
 |
| Open for business! But still COLD....66 degrees!! Brrrr! |
The car ride to Clarksville was eventful. We hooked up the portable DVD player for the first time...not sure if that was a good or bad move, honestly. Tyler watched his favorite DVD happily twice, but when it was time to turn it off and sleep, he was not happy and cried a lot until he fell asleep. I am not sure if it was because he was sick or if he is just starting to realize that it's more fun to move around than be strapped into a car seat facing backwards for hours! Ha! Next time I think we will use the DVD player as a last resort when he can't settle down and not as soon as we start a trip or when he's happy.
 |
| Tyler's DVD set up! |
 |
| Finally asleep!! |
Saturday was went to Patti's restaurant in KY about an hour away to celebrate an early Mother's Day lunch with mom, Nannie (my grandmother) and Tom (my grandfather). Mom has been talking about Patti's for years and how we needed to go there, so it sounded like a fun Mother's Day destination. We all had the 2" pork chops, which is there specialty. Tyler was not super cooperative, so I cut my lunch short and we walked around in the gift shop. Again, he's starting to realize that being down and free is a lot more fun. There are lots of cute shops and things to do at Patti's, so after lunch we did a little shopping (I got a cute dress and a pair of shoes). Russ entertained Tyler while we looked around.
 |
Yummy flowerpot bread with homemade whipped and strawberry butter! |
 |
Eating the squeezy applesauce - one of his favs! (Mine, too, because it's so easy and mess free!) |
 |
| Checking out the water and waterfall. |
 |
| It was a really pretty place for family photos. |
 |
| Sweet Nannie and Tom. |
 |
| For some reason, banging on the this pole was super fun! |
 |
| So happy to be playing outside. |
 |
| Love this one of us. |
 |
| Chubby cheeks...and close to needing another haircut! |
 |
| Happy Mother's Day, Granna! |
 |
| Loving on my baby! |
 |
| Tyler was in heaven playing with these HUGE wind chimes!! |
 |
| Wind chimes to ring everywhere!! |
 |
| You wanna play in the mulch with me, Mommy!? |
 |
| Fun on the see-saw!! |
 |
| He really liked it! |
 |
| Hanging on by himself. Such a big boy! |
 |
I REALLY wanted a family picture and since he wouldn't look, I turned his head! Ha! |
 |
| This one is a little better of T and R.... :) |
 |
| Strolling towards Mommy - he lit up when he saw me! |
Saturday night, mom kept Tyler so we could see The Avengers at the movies. I was really surprised, but it was fantastic!! We see most all of the super hero movies, they are entertaining and I enjoy them, but The Avengers was really good. It was nice to get out for a little date night.
Sunday was more low-key and spent relaxing in Clarksville. Nannie and Tom came back over and Carol and Mark drove in from Franklin. We ate BBQ and watched the Grizzlies game (sad loss) before we got back on the road. We timed Tyler's nap and he slept an hour and a half in the car and was pretty good the rest of the way. I actually slept in the car, too, while Russ drove. That was nice!
 |
| Tyler and Mommy on Mother's Day! |
 |
| Wish I'd put on lipstick...oh well! :) |
 |
| Walking - view from the back. |
 |
He is finally walking with this...though he still prefers to push it on his knees. |
 |
| Little drummer boy...one of his favorite toys at Granna's. |
Oh and presents! We gave Granna a Vera Bradley laptop case to use for her all trips to Memphis. She also got a webcam so we can talk and see each other between visits. Russ, Tyler and I made hand print Mother's Day cards for Granna and Nannie...and we also did one for me. These were a labor of love and took all week to finish! Russ and Tyler gave me a beautiful three heart necklace that I had been eyeing and I love it. It was a really great weekend!
 |
My necklace gift from Russ and Tyler -
gold hearts on a sweet silver chain. |
 |
The hand prints are Tyler's. The flower petals were supposed to be thumbprints, but we improvised since someone did not want to cooperate! |
No comments:
Post a Comment