Thursday, May 24, 2012

Kitchen craziness!

Tuesday night, Tyler was in rare form! It was like they gave him a giant Pixy Stix full of sugar at daycare right before I picked him up! He was happy and FULL of energy...not the cranky, tired baby he usually is the last hour before bedtime. Because he was so wired and ready to play, he discovered the child-proofing cord that keeps the cabinets under-the-sink closed while I was messing around in the kitchen. Playing with it was super fun! Then, he found that the rest of the cabinets where not child-proofed and that they OPENED and CLOSED. Haha! He enjoyed opening and SLAMMING them shut. Putting locks on the rest of the cabinets will now be a top priority this weekend!






Playing with the mixer beater that I gave
 him to distract him from the cabinets!
More distractions with pots and pans!
Distractions = FAIL!

In other kitchen-fun news, Tyler now has a magnet wall to keep him entertained while I am cooking, cleaning up, preparing meals, etc. Since we have stainless steel appliances, we have no place for fun magnet toys in the kitchen. Inspired from Pinterest, I had Russ hung an oil drip pan this past weekend on a blank wall behind a kitchen door. We went ahead and gave Tyler an early birthday present for the board - the Leap Frog animal matching magnet set. Tyler loves to pull the magnets off the board, throw them all over the kitchen, crawl after them and do it again! Hahaha. He has not quite figured out that once he pulls the magnets off the board, he can stick them back on. But, he is attempting to match the animals in the "zoo" to get them to sing and make noise. It is amazing how quickly they catch on! I think this will provide hours of entertainment in the kitchen...that doesn't involve slamming cabinet doors shut!

Of course, chewing on the magnets is also fun.
Going back and forth between the magnets and exersaucer!
Trying to decide what is more fun to play with!



No comments:

Post a Comment