We had a great weekend spent at home recovering from our trip and celebrating our favorite Daddy! The weekend started with a much needed haircut for Tyler and a trip to Lowe's to build "Toothless" from "How to Train Your Dragon 2" with Russ. I took baby girl with me and went to pick up some furniture I had painted that was ready for pickup.
Excuse the blurry pics...they are from Russ' iPhone...
After we all got back home, the kids and I played outside while Russ mowed the grass. We spent a lot of time swinging (both of the kids are obsessed!) and it is my summer mission to teach Tyler to pump his legs. We also rode bikes and Tyler's feet are finally long enough for him to pedal his tricycle by himself! He is slowly learning and gets easily frustrated, but I think he will have it down with another couple weeks of practice. He wanted to go in the street, so I told him he had to wear his helmet, which he loved. He wanted Mommy and Daddy to wear ours, too. Russ looked especially funny wearing a helmet while mowing the yard. Ha!
 |
| Drawing with sidewalk chalk. |
 |
| Mommy and Tyler helmet selfies! Yes, he made me put my helmet on top of my hat! Ha! |
After yard work was complete, we suited up and the kids and Russ got in the pool. It was a freezing 75* and Caroline hated every second of it. Tyler had fun playing with Russ but was sooo cold after he got out that it took him a while to warm up. His lips were blue, his teeth were chattering and he was all upset about his messed up fingers (he got prune hands from swimming too long!) I told him that it would go away after a good nap.
No comments:
Post a Comment