Both kids played in the waiting room and in the office room after we were called back while we waited to be seen. I knew it was going to be bad with Tyler when he pitched a fit to go back. He asked me if he was getting a check up and I said yes and that sent him into a tailspin. I kept telling him that they were only going to brush his teeth, but he didn't care. Oh the drama.
![]() |
| This shows you how bad it was...Ha! |
Tyler refused to go first, so Caroline did (while sitting in my lap) and hated every second of it. But once it was over, she was fine. Tyler, of course, witnessed Caroline's crying so that worked him up even more. I had to hold him, too! It was just ridiculous. By the time it was over, both kids got good reports, I scheduled their next check-ups and drug them out. I was a flustered, sweaty mess when it was all over! I'm glad I have 6 months to recover! :)
I dropped Tyler off at school and then took Caroline to the pediatrician's office. Her awful diaper rash from the beach was way worse and none of my normal methods were working. We got a new stronger script to treat it and we headed home...Caroline had already missed lunch and naps were underway at school, so I just let her eat and nap at home. She woke up happy and her awful rash is already getting better.
![]() |
| Distracting with a tongue depressor. |
![]() |
| At least she was happy at this appointment. |
![]() |
| It took FOREVER to get the script and it was lunch time. Luckily, I had an apple and Caroline went to town on it from the backseat! |
This was a tough day for me as a Mom, but these are things that had to be done and I was the one to do them. They won't always pitch a fit at the dentist's office, and I need to remember that.
But, because of this day, I DID implement a new behavior tool that is already working in our house...Meet Mr. Sad Spoon! He comes out when the kiddos aren't behaving the way we'd like them to be. And if he has to, he will smack a hand or a bottom to get their attention. We have 4 of these (4 pack from the Dollar Tree) and Mr. Sad Spoon is always watching...at home, in the car, in the diaper bag. Ha! Y'all, this thing works!! (Thanks for the tip, Janna! :)

















No comments:
Post a Comment