Thanks to my sweet hubby, I enjoyed a weekend away with some of my Hope Mom friends. Rachel (who is new to the group) is from the Nashville area and her in-laws have an amazing farm in Santa Fe outside of the city where she invited us for the weekend. Rachel went up early to get her kids settled with the in-laws and grocery shop for the weekend and the rest of us drove up in Stephanie's car.
When we arrived we got settled into the farmhouse...because there were only 6 of us, we each had our own bed, which was awesome! I chose the bedroom downstairs since I was still sporting the boot. The farmhouse was amazing...it had been added onto several times so it had a large kitchen, dining room and living area, but still had a cozy feel. There were so many different reading areas inside and lots of outside porches and living areas, too.
 |
| My bedroom was right off the mudroom and off the kitchen. |
 |
| Family room |
 |
Fully stocked bar. And when I say fully stocked, I mean there was enough alcohol until the end of time! |
 |
| Outdoor screened porch with fireplace. |
 |
| Looking into the family room from the kitchen. |
 |
| Original dining room. |
 |
| View from the back porch. |
 |
| View of the pond from the house |
We took a tour of the property on the Range, which is one of the many "toys" at our disposal for the weekend. When we got back, we got into comfy clothes and enjoyed Cajun takeout from pretty much the only "restaurant" close by. I actually wasn't feeling that great after dinner so I went to bed early while everyone else stayed up to talk. I ended up getting so sick...it was no fun at all. But I was super grateful for my own bedroom AND bathroom away from the rest of the group!
 |
| Loaded up onto the Ranger and ready to ride! |
 |
| In action shot, so a little blurry, They had tons of driving trails. |
The next morning, I felt weak but some better. I took it easy on breakfast and we all got showered to head to Leipers Fork, the closest town about 25 minutes away. They had several cute shops that we browsed before hitting up Puckets for lunch. I must have been feeling better, because I was HUNGRY! The place was slammed but my my BLT, fried okra and shared onion rings were worth it adn hit the spot! We ventured down to the huge yard sale/flea market that was also going on and browsed there for a bit, too. To my surprise, we ran into Darci, Greg and their family! There may have been a love/hug fest in the aisle! Apparently Franklin is only about 20 mins down the road from Leipers Fork.
 |
The whole gang! Jennifer-Courtney-Me-Erica-Rachel-Stephanie |
 |
| Selfie with Courtney |
 |
| Stephanie porch sittin'. |
 |
| There was a great band playing at Pucketts. |
 |
| Cute shops everywhere! We all came home with something fun to remember our trip! |
 |
| I loved this beautiful fall arrangement! |
 |
| Huge outdoor yard sale! |
We were all tired from shopping so we headed back to the farm. We did a little more exploring as a group on the Ranger when we got back...we went up to the original farmhouse on the property whuch was falling apart but really cool. I opted to go back to the house to rest (the movement on the Ranger had me queasy) and everyone else headed up to Firecracker Hill to watch the sunset. We grilled dinner and spent the evening hanging out and talking before calling it a night.
 |
| The gate to the farm as we drove up. |
 |
| The farmhouse...the front is original of the new house and the back is where they expanded. |
 |
| The side of the farmhouse |
 |
| The big barn |
 |
| Swinging by the lake |
 |
| Original farmhouse...prolly 200 years old! |
I woke up early on Sunday morning and enjoyed some quiet time reading on the porch before everyone else got up. It might have been my favorite part of the weekend!
 |
| Sitting outside on the screened porch. |
 |
| The outdoor fireplace was amazing! |
 |
| Panoramic shot of the back porch with the screened porch to the left. |
We loaded up to headed home and were back in Memphis by 1p. We were all ready to snuggle with our littles! We had a great time (despite me getting sick!) and are already planning the next trip!
While I was gone, Russ was wrangling the kids. Tyler had soccer on Saturday morning and afterwards he and the kids ventured out to My Big Backyard. They also went grocery shopping for the "essentials" and roasted marshmallows! And then Gibson's for donuts on Sunday morning. Super Dad status, right there!
 |
| Pics I got on Friday night before bed! :) |
 |
| Playing at MBB |
 |
| Froot Loops WITH marshmallows...cereal only Daddy would let them pick out! |
 |
| The essentials! :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment