Saturday, October 31, 2015

October Little Things

Another month of 2016 gone. Time, it always flies! Here are some fun things we did this month.

I met some up with Allison and Kelly (moms to Davis and Connor in Caroline's class) to make a fun pumpkin door hanger for our back porch. CtK coordinated the evening and even had a yummy dinner for us. It was super fun and I love how my hanger turned out...even if I begged Allison to do the letters because I was too chicken I'd mess it up! Ha!


My sweet co-worker, Jourdan, is pregnant with her first baby...a little boy to be Easton. We held a baby shower for her a work this month that was a ton of fun. She got lots of great stuff including a Mamaroo and her pack-n-play!





Diaper message station!
I had this cute sign made! LOVE!





Our work team. The boys were thrilled to be there, let me tell you!
The shower hostesses!
Their baby shower haul!
Tyler and I has a date night to see "Suessical the Muscial" at the Kroc Center and we had a great time! He has loved the few shows we have been to and I love sharing my love of the theater with him and soon also with Caroline. I hope and pray that he will continue to love it when he gets older...seeing shows is one of my most favorite things to do and I wish I did it more. Russ can't stand them, though, so it is not as often as I would like.




While we were gone. Daddy and Caroline had fun together too.


October meant trips to the dentist for both kiddos. It was not as awful as past appointments, so that was good! Tyler got called back to go all by himself and sit in the big boy chair! I was sad to not go with him, but they said he did great! Caroline played in the lobby until it was her turn. Her exam was done in my lap again and she hated every second of it, per usual. And both kids were bouncing off the walls by the time it was time to leave. Whew! What a way to start the morning!






Oh so graceful!




We did a little decorating for Halloween this month, too. The kids absolutely LOVE it! I got out all of my spooky Department 56 houses and set up a little vignette in the den and they were in heaven. Some of them make sounds and light up and the kids beg for them to be turned on as soon as they wake up and again when they get home. So fun!





FedEx recently partnered with Scholastic to create a book to teach kids about safe walking and road safety. The result was a super cute book called "Clifford Takes a Walk". As part of the partnership and to create awareness, I was able to read the book to Tyler's class and give each of the kids their very own copy, too.







Here are a few more pics to close out the month of October...

Sweet Ann Laury, out preschool director, loves on our kids every day at school. It is so sweet!
Caroline was actually watching a video of "Let it Go" and was singing. Ha!

Caroline in her "'pider" shirt!

Cuddling and movie watching with Daddy.
This boy loves his magformers! He was so proud that he built this before school all by himself.
She's been asking to go potty some...not a ton of luck just yet, but we'll see!

Daddy is still cooking eggs for us most every morning for breakfast.
 Caroline was his helper this morning.
And a cute video to end on...

No comments:

Post a Comment