It was a rainy day but that didn't thwart our plans too much. The day started with Tyler's last soccer game of the season. The took it indoors to the gym and were asked to wear their costumes for fun at the beginning. He had a fun time playing, but I think we will look for another league next time we play with an actual team where you play games vs. drills and all. I do think we will look to do a soccer camp with him this summer, too.
Caroline and I got ready for our church kids' Halloween party while the boys were at soccer. I am the social chair for our class, but was not in charge of this party, but still wanted to go early to help set up. Since the weather forecast most certainly called for rain, we moved the party from an outdoor location to indoors at the church earlier in the week. I'm so glad we did because it was raining cats and dogs! On my way into the building in the rain with my umbrella, I dropped my entire pot of bean-less chili!! Waaahhhh!! Luckily, I didn't get any on me, my crockpot did not break, I'd left Caroline in the car so she wasn't covered in the mess either and the sweet janitors were on the mess and had it cleaned up in no time.
While I sulked over my spilled chili, we did our best to turn a double classroom into a festive space. It was a potluck style chili and hot dog event and we had plenty of food. The kids all dressed up in costume and that enjoyed playing games like a cake walk, corn hole and watching a magic show. We had about 20 families come and it was a really fun time!
![]() |
| Ghostbuster Greg cleaning up afterwards! |
We met at the Fields house who had lots of fun snacks and food, took our group picture and heading out to go door-to-door. The rain had stopped and it was actually a pretty nice night for trick-or-treating. The kids knew exactly what to do and Tyler especially was really into it. He would run from house to house with the big boys as fast as he could...he was a sweaty mess by the end! Caroline enjoyed it, too, but was a little more leisurely about it. She was a little slower than the rest so we skipped a house or 2 to keep up with the group.
By the time we made it to our street, we had fairly full buckets so we called it a night. Russ was itching to go to the Tigers v. Tulane football game so he headed out immediately to the Liberty Bowl, (It annoys me so much that they have night games on Halloween!!) I got the kids showered and in bed and then crashed myself! Another great Halloween in the books!
































No comments:
Post a Comment