Russ and I have been married for 10 years! Gosh, how time has flown! We've bought and sold 3 houses, had 2 kids, switched jobs multiple times, battled skin cancer (me) and been through countless other good and bad things throughout that time. And, I would not choose a different life partner even if I could. I am so very thankful for this marriage journey we are on together! It is fun looking back at photos of our wedding. I am so happy that we chose to have a Christmas wedding. It makes this time of the year that I already love so much more special.
 |
| 10 years later taken this Sept at the beach. A few pounds heavier and with a few more gray hairs! |
We had a low-key night at home. I picked up some of our favorite foods for dinner...sushi, baked brie and Muddy's cupcakes! We watched our wedding video with the kids and Tyler kept asking who everyone was and when I was going to come out. I am so glad that we have a video...it not the best quality, but it was inexpensive and captures the day for us. We got the kids down and we finished up dinner, exchanged gifts and fell asleep on the couch together watching a movie. It was the perfect night!
 |
I got cupcakes for the kiddos, too! Tyler is so funny because he just eats the icing! :) (I actually wasn't feeling too great and had worked from home that day because I had lost my voice...I did take a shower, but hence no makeup!) |
 |
| Snuggling on the couch ready to watch a movie! |
We did decide to give gifts this year...nothing major, but something to commemorate this occasion. I got a super fabulous Ronaldo "Love Knot" bracelet from Russ. We actually went and picked it out together when Ronaldo himself was in Memphis for a trunk show last month. He was so nice and Russ and his grandson share a birthday so he gifted us with another fabulous bracelet of my choice! Russ also gave me 2 cards (because he couldn't pick between them) and wrote me the sweetest, most heartfelt letter ever. Of course, it made me cry, but it was really because he took the time to write my something so personal. It was my favorite thing of the night!
 |
| Ronaldo and me! |
 |
I love stacking and have 3 Ronaldo bracelets now. The front one was a Christmas gift last year from Russ' Aunt and Uncle. The middle one is the "Love Knot" and my anniversary gift. The one with pearls was gifted to us by Ronaldo. |
I gave Russ a BB gun...Ha! He has been desperately wanting it so badly after borrowing one from a friend to shoot the squirrels that constantly tear up our yard. It has become quite the hobby for him. :)
It really was a special night and proves to both of us that "date nights" don't have to be fancy or without the kids. We just need to be intentional and make the time to spend together...and that is just as fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment