Thursday, December 11, 2014

Peter Pan

Not only did we visit Santa twice this past weekend, but I also took Tyler on a Mommy/Son date to see his very first play...Peter Pan at Playhouse on the Square!

FedEx bought the house on Saturday night and I was able to get 2 tickets. I wasn't sure how he would do, but was so surprised to see how much he LOVED it! We were able to choose our seats and got (2) on the 3rd row aisle, which was perfect for Tyler to have an unobstructed view. It was the perfect 1st show for him...it was very high energy and fast-paced, all the actors were mic'ed so you could hear them plainly and the run time was 2 hours total including intermission. Tyler got really into it, too...he clapped at the end of songs, laughed at the funny parts and would scream "is it over?!" very loudly when the curtain would fall for them to change the sets. The actors cast were all so fabulous, too. We both really enjoyed it and I love sharing a bit of my childhood with him. I can't wait to take him to see more shows!



Enjoying a snack before the show started.
Russ went to the Tiger basketball game that night and I had the hardest time finding a sitter for Caroline, so the Whitleys kept her for us. We dropped her off at their house and I know she had the best time playing with Wesleigh.


I had taken Caroline to the doctor on Friday...she had been battling a cold and her eye was really read and swollen, so I wanted to make sure it wasn't pink eye or something else. It was just an eye infection and the antibiotic kicked in really quickly and the doctor said she wasn't contagious. Thank goodness, because it would have wrecked our fun weekend plans.


Gross with a mouth full of her snack, but look at her pitiful eye!

Playing with the paper.

This was taken the next day at nap...this little girl is OBSESSED with her dolls.
She loves us to pile them all around her before she goes to sleep. :)
Oh and our Elf, Griswald, has been coming to see the kids every day, too. They love finding him each morning. One day, Griswald's hat fell off on the floor and I put it next to him (because you aren't supposed to touch your elf or the magic will go away.) Tyler was super excited to see that Griswald put his hat back on later in the day...he said he must have done it while we were outside. :)


1 comment: