The kids were out of school on Christmas Eve so I took off to stay with home with them. I had a busy day of packing for our trip to Clarksville for Christmas and baking so the kids played a lot on their own. I did take some time to watch Cinderella with the kids while getting some awesome snuggles on the couch from Caroline. Russ was home by 1p from work and we worked to get the car loaded while the kids napped. was so grateful that we worked to get all our presents wrapped early so Granna could take them home in her car when she was last here...it made loading the car much easier. We woke them up and were in the car heading to Clarksville by 2p...earlier than expected, which never happens!
 |
| Tyler munching on some cashews while I made sausage casserole and sausage balls. |
One we got in town, we drove through downtown Clarksville to see the lights. Tyler wasn't super interested because he wanted to get to Granna's house. We have actually been counting down sleeps until we go to Granna's house in addition to Christmas Day. The first thing Tyler said when he woke up on Christmas Eve was "are we going to Granna's house now"? I'm pretty sure she is his absolute favorite person ever! :)
 |
| The Clarksville square |
 |
| Franklin Street and the Roxy...our community theater that was my old stomping ground. |
We unloaded the car, got settled and ate dinner. We took early baths so we could do all our Christmas Eve things like read lots of Christmas books (including the story of Jesus' birth), put out food for the reindeer and cookies and milk for Santa. Caroline may or may not have taken a bite of one of the cookies before putting it on the plate. I admit, it is a confusing concept for toddlers. :)
 |
| Caroline's jammies make me smile...they are perfect for her! :) |
 |
| Cookies and milk left for Santa! |
We got the kids in bed right on time so Santa could come! And he did...in a big way! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment