Can it be?!? Our little girl is 4 Months Old!! Gosh, it seems like you have been a part of our family for way longer than 4 months, but at the same time, you are still too little to be 4 months already. We are soaking up all of the fun that having a little girl brings. Mommy has SO loved all the fun girl clothes and matching hair bows. And I have loved dressing you and your brother in coordinating outfits, too.
- You are still so tiny. I am hoping you weigh 9lbs, but I'm not so sure. We go for your 4 month check-up next week, so we will see. People ask me all the time how old you are and when I tell them 4 months, they just cannot believe it!
- Nighttime sleep is still going pretty well, though you have had several 3-4a wake up calls lately. I'm hoping it's just a little growth spurt. You are napping really well now. You still take all your naps in your swing (daycare will hate me for this, I know!), but you will sleep for an hour or more each time now, usually. This is a nice break for Mommy to get things done around the house. Because of this, I slightly panicked when our swing broke this month! I guess it just had too much use between you, Tyler and a friend that we let borrow it. Luckily, I have an awesome friend that gave me hers!! Whew! It is taking you a little bit to get adjusted to it, but it is almost like yours.
- I went back to work this month. Boo hoo! I SO loved staying home with you for 16 weeks and 2 days. I am so lucky that I got such a long time with just you and I will cherish that time always. The first 2 days I went back, you stayed at home with Granna. It was the first time that I left you all day before and it was an easier transition for Mommy since you were at home and Granna knew your routine. You are starting daycare in June.
- You have transitioned from a 3 hour schedule to a 4 hour and are eating about 5 times per day. I am still breastfeeding you and that is going well. I have built up a little supply of milk for the freezer to help me supplement when I go back to work. I am planning to pump there for as long as I can. My goal is to get to at least 6 months, but we will see how difficult it is for me to fit it in.
- I have been trying to enjoy my last few weeks as a SAHM and we have enjoyed several lunch dates with friends. You have been a perfect angel either sitting in your car seat or sleeping the entire time.
- You did lots of NEW things this month:
- You sat in your Bumbo for the first time. You are still learning how to sit up straight and not to lean over, but you are getting better.
- You had your first food - rice cereal - for the first time this month, too. You loved it!!
- We were so proud when you rolled over for the first time from back to tummy and back over again. It is just another sign of how fast you are growing up.
- You visited our church nursery for the first time. You did pretty well, I was told. The first time you went I did not send a bottle, but the 2nd time I did and you were sound asleep being rocked by one of the sweet ladies when I picked you up.
- You are really starting to hold onto things now. Tyler loves to "share" his toys with you and often times your bouncy seat in the kitchen will be filled with magnetic letters and numbers he has given to you to play with. We also got the cutest picture of you holding a stop sign from Tyler's train table this month that he shared with you. I know you two will be big buddies when you are old enough to play with him, though he is sure to try and boss you around!
Your little personality is really starting to show. You literally light up the room with your big, infectious smiles and I love how you follow us around the room everywhere we go now. I know I say this all the time, but you are such a sweet, happy baby and a pure joy to be around. Here are some of my favorite pictures of you from the past month:
 |
| You love your mobile in your crib. |
 |
| Cute little ruffle booty! |
 |
| Eating rice cereal |
 |
| Brother sharing his signs with you. |
 |
| Look at those long eyelashes - love!! |
 |
| Eating sweet potatoes |
No comments:
Post a Comment