I should also mention that I took them both by myself. I was armed with the iPad for Tyler and a bottle for Caroline, but there were still a lot of tears. Tyler is very shy and stand-off'ish around strangers and even though he didn't have to get shots, he was still not happy to be there. The tears started when he had to lay down on the table to get his length and head measurements and they continued when we went in the hall to get his weight...he did NOT want to get on the scale!
Our appointment was at 3:30p...right when Caroline needed to eat, of course! Her tears also started when I got her undressed for her measurements and weight, but she really lost it when we got back in the room so I started her bottle. Tyler played contently with the iPad until Dr. H arrived, but he was not a fan of getting checked out, so the tears started again. At one point, I had both kids in my lap and I was still trying to give C her bottle. It was a little chaotic!
I am happy to say that we made it through and both kids checked out well. Tyler had a major growth spurt since his last visit at 18 months. Since he is still not a consistent veggie eater, Dr. H said to start him on a multi-vitamin. Tyler's next appointment is not until he is 3! And no shots (except for flu) until he is 5!
Caroline is small and is not even on the weight growth chart (like I figured), but Dr. H says he is not worried. Especially after I told him how much she eats!! He said we would monitor it between now her 6 month check-up and maybe do some lab work then, if needed. I would be lying if I said I was not a little bit worried, but I am doing everything I can for her (and he said that as well), so we will just hope she grows over the next 2 months. He gave us the go to start stage 1 baby food since she was tolerating rice cereal so well. She got 3 shots and 1 oral vaccine. She was just pitiful but quickly stopped crying when I picked her up. I do think the shots have made her feel bad...between her awful cold and shots, she did not sleep as well at night this weekend. Boo!
| I'm over pictures, Mommy. Please pick me up and feed me! |
| Both kiddos! Notice C losing her mind in the mirror! |
Caroline: 4 months
Length: 23.25", 22nd percentile (64th at 2 months)
Weight: 9 lbs., 13oz., <3rd percentile (3rd at 2 months)
Head circumference: 39.5 cm., 35th percentile (39th at 2 months)
Tyler: 2 years
Height: 35.5", 85th percentile (54th at 18 months)
Weight: 28 lbs., 60th percentile (66th at 18 months)
Head circumference: 47.5 cm., 22th percentile (27th at 18 months)
No comments:
Post a Comment