Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Summertime

It seems as though Summer has made it's way to Memphis! This week we reached 100+ heat indexes for the first time. It is hot, but I love this time of year (minus the mosquitoes!) Summer means time for swimming; outside play; bike riding; watermelon eating; cooking out and roasting marshmallows. Here's hoping that the warmer weather will heat our pool up quickly so we can play in it all summer long! I think Tyler will love it this year. Here are a few fun pictures after a family cookout this weekend.



Silly boy eating the rind!



Running...one of his most favorite things!

Getting tickles from Uncle Brian!
Checking out his new trike from Uncle Brian


Getting the hang of it.

Tyler has also discovered a new love for play-doh. We gave him a bucket with several different colors and play-doh tools for his birthday and we broke it out for the first time over the weekend. He loved it and I think playing with it outside was a good idea.


Check out those BLUE fingernails! Ha!


On Sunday, Russ and I went to the FedEx St. Jude Classic golf tournament while Granna stayed with the kiddos. We had a fabulous time with our wonderful hosts, the Mullally's, at their beautiful home on the 18th green at Southwind. Happy Summer!


Phil Mickelson played the tourney this year! He didn't win, but drew great crowds!


No comments:

Post a Comment