Saturday, June 1, 2013

Memorial Day

We had a fun time celebrating Memorial Day weekend in Memphis. The weather was simply perfect all weekend and we spent a lot of time outside. I started back to work on Thursday, so it was nice to only work 2 days and then have a 3 day weekend. Granna was in town, too - she kept Caroline Thursday and Friday while I worked and stayed through the weekend. Friday night, she kept both kiddos so Russ and I could meet friends for a birthday dinner at The Elegant Farmer. I love this place and our dinner was great!

On Saturday morning, we were supposed to have Caroline's 4 month pictures with Miss Cassie, but they were postponed due to Cassie treating a patient with possible meningitis - she is a nurse at LeBonheur and we didn't want to take any chances! So, we had a free morning - what a treat! Russ ended up working in the yard pretty much all day and started out by mowing. Granna brought Tyler a lawn mower for outside this visit and he just loved it! He mowed for hours and kept saying, "I mow grass, Mommy", as he followed Russ around the yard.





Oh, how I love this one. Daddy's little mini-me.
We also scheduled to have all of our vehicles detailed. We have a great guy that will come to the house and he cleaned my Pilot, Mom's car (her Mother's Day gift) and Russ' truck. It took him 6 hours to get the job done!! It feels so good to have a clean car...though I'm sure it will be covered in milk and goldfish again quickly!

That night we headed downtown to our first Redbirds game of the season and as a family of 4, plus Granna. We spent some time in the FedEx suite and Tyler had a great time watching baseball and eating hot dogs, chips and cookies. (Super healthy, I know!) We took a walk around the games area and out to the grass hill to people watch before calling it a night. I don't think we got Tyler to bed until after 9p!











Sunday afternoon we went to Noah's 2nd birthday party. It was Curious George themed, which is Tyler's current obsession. Noah is one of our church friends and they are moving to Atlanta next week. Emma (Noah's mom) went all out on the decorations and the kids had fun playing with balloons and the pinata.
Playing outside before the party.
3 little monkeys climbing onto the water table...
Tyler hitting the homemade pinata.
Wes taking a turn while all the kids looked on.
Going for the pinata loot! (There might have been some adult help to get it open...)
Noah went around giving out hugs to all his buddies.
Stealing a kiss from Wesleigh.
The birthday boy and his sweet Mama and Daddy!
I just love this picture...sweet Nora did not make a peep the entire time!


After the birthday party, we headed to the zoo for Members Night. We had hoped to check out the Birds and Bees exhibit, but the line was so long and Tyler was not interested in standing in line. We still had fun and the highlight of the visit was seeing the very active Grizzly Bears and touching a giant snake!!


Check out Tyler touching the snake in the background.
He thought it was cool, but would not touch it again.

This thing was HUGE!
Monday was a pretty low-key day. We played outside some more and enjoyed burgers and hot dogs on the grill with family. Granna was gracious enough to stay another night so Russ and I could go to the Grizzlies playoff game that night against the Spurs. Turns out that it was their last playoff game, since they lost. It was such a great season for the Grizzlies - we had fun watching them and all of Memphis get behind our team.

For some reason, Tyler wanted to wear his frog boots outside that morning. Ha!
Yep, we were practically at the top, but we were there!!

Love the "Go Griz" lit up on the First TN building!

No comments:

Post a Comment