A couple days ago, I made haystacks after the kids went to bed for a Christmas cookie swap I was attending. Since the kitchen was already a mess, I got a wild hair and also decided to make sugar cookies. It was a long night of mixing, rolling, cutting and baking, but I got them finished for Tyler to help decorate. I iced them and he helped with the sprinkles. We had so many cookies that we saved some for us, some to leave for Santa on Christmas Eve and took some to Tyler's teachers and classmates at school. Tyler was super proud of the cookies he helped to make and his teachers said the kids loved them!
 |
| Iced cookies ready for sprinkles! (And yes, we are decorating in our pjs with crazy bedhead!) |
 |
| Not sure why the picture went all fuzzy, but you can tell how proud he was of his cookies! |
Speaking of cookies for Santa, we made a Santa plate with Tyler's prints for his first Christmas. I always thought I would do a mug for Santa's milk if we had a 2nd child. So, I checked Caroline out of school at lunch one day and met Russ at the pottery place. It took 3 tries to get all the colors to show up (of course I picked a complicated one), but Caroline was a trooper the entire time. I also did a little handprint Rudolph while we were there, too. Both turned out great...especially since I paid them to do the writing! (My handwriting stinks!)
 |
| They match perfectly and look great on our shelf until the big day! |
 |
| Displayed next to Tyler's angel hand/footprint artwork that he did at school his first Christmas. |
I have also been trying to get some good pictures of the kids in front of our tree. It has proved to be quite an impossible task!
 |
| "Look there's a train, Caroline!" |
 |
| Crawling away... :) |
 |
| Tyler crawling, too... |
No comments:
Post a Comment