Christmas break started for me after I left work on the 20th! I don't have to go back until the 2nd - yahoo!! We went to the Monday night Christmas Eve candlelight service at Hope and it was nice to get to go to our church for Christmas. The kids were dressed cutely in their Christmas best, but since I was running late getting them from school, we didn't get any pictures before. And Tyler had an accident in childcare and was in lovely knit pants with "HOPE" marked all over them when we picked him up...Ha! He also threw the biggest fit of his life in the middle of the church floor and we just let him roll around until he was done. Oh well.
 |
| All of the candles lit! |
 |
| The music was amazing...huge choir and full orchestra! |
Russ had to work half-day on Christmas Eve and the kids and I were off for the holiday already. I tried my hardest to get as much done the day before (wrapping presents and packing) because it is virtually impossible to get much done with both of them by yourself. I was proud that we were all ready and waiting on Daddy to load the car for once! We got into Clarksville around 5p and had plenty of time to unpack, eat dinner and start our Christmas Eve traditions. We put out our cookies we made for Santa, sprinkled reindeer food for Rudolph specifically and read the Night Before Christmas. Get ready to see me in some obnoxious holiday PJs (that I LOVE!)
 |
| Anxiously waiting for Daddy so we can go! |
 |
| We brought the Magic Light Wand home for Granna's tree! |
 |
| Picture attempts in front of Granna's tree work pretty much like they did at our house... |
 |
| Of course the only decent one turns out blurry! |
 |
| Leaving food for Rudolph and the reindeer. |
 |
| Caroline came out to watch with Lindsay and Uncle Brian |
 |
| Leaving milk and cookies. |
 |
| We opted not to bring our plate and mug...I am too afraid they will be broken! |
 |
| Reading...Caroline got to stay up, too. |
Christmas morning did not disappoint! Tyler and Caroline actual slept in a little bit and we were not up until a little after 8p. I was able to get Caroline fed and diapers changed for both before we walked in to see the gifts that Santa left. Tyler was very excited and I'm so glad we got the first moments on video. I will cherish them for years to come! One of my favorites is about 5 1/2 minutes in when Tyler discovers the cookies we left for Santa are gone! When I asked him who ate the cookies, he said "the birds!" Ha!
We all were spoiled by gifts from Santa and family this year! The highlights from Santa were a plasma car for Tyler, a Pottery Barn chair for Caroline and kitchen for them to share. Tyler also got several board games, a baseball glove and ball, a garage for his cars and lots of new movies. It was a Little People Christmas for Caroline, as she got the princess castle and lots of princess figures to go with it. Plus, a cross for her room and a new pillow for her bed. I got a new watch, camera bag and monogrammed necklace. Russ received iTunes gift cards, several CDs and video games and new gloves.
 |
| Santa came!! |
 |
| Christmas morning bottle! |
 |
| I LOVE this picture and HATE that it is blurry! |
 |
| Merry Christmas to me!! |
 |
| Helping Uncle Brian unwrap his new luggage. |
After opening gifts, we played with our new toys, ate breakfast and got ready for Christmas lunch with the rest of my family. Aunt Carol, Uncle Mark, Nannie, Pa-Pa, Uncle Brian and Lindsay rounded out the crowd with Granna and our family, We ended the day by singing "Happy Birthday" to Jesus and playing games after the kids went to bed. (The girls got crushed again...boo!) It was a great Christmas!
 |
| This little girl wants to do everything her brother does! |
 |
Looking for the "Christmas Pickle" that Santa leaves on the tree. This year, the finder got candy! (It's in the center of the tree.) |
 |
| Watching one of their new movies. |
 |
| Aunt Carol and Uncle Mark (Tyler was not interested in taking a picture.) |
 |
| This boy LOVES his Granna! |
 |
| Birthday cake for Jesus |
 |
| Mark playing Guesstures... |
 |
| This is clearly an apple... :) |
Here are a couple more fun videos from our Christmas Day - Tyler showing off his mad plasma car riding skills and singing "Happy Birthday to Jesus".
No comments:
Post a Comment