Our start time was 8p so that everyone with little kids could get them fed and down for the night. I had a couple desserts and apps for everyone to snack on along with some holiday spirits. Nothing too fancy.
The "My Favorite Things" party theme stemmed from Oprah's Favorite Things episodes...the ones where she recommends products that are her personal favorites and then the audience gets to take one of every item home. This idea spun off into a home party and I first saw the idea on Pinterest, of course. For our party, we set a dollar limit of $10 and everyone picked an item that they loved for around that price...it could be a kitchen gadget, beauty item or a holiday favorite thing. Everyone brought (3) of that item (spending $30 in total) to the party. We had some really fun items like Dinsthul's hot chocolate, Vera Bradley straight iron covers, infinity scarves, wine and Mommy journals to name a few. We all drew numbers and that determined the order we got to pick and at the end of the night, we left with 3 new things to try.
The girls also humored me and playing a get-to-know-you game at the beginning where we all wrote down our favorite things (like TV show, movie, song, etc.) and then tried to guess. I swear, I shuffled them but they all came out in order. It was so weird.
I didn't get any pictures during the party because we all were having too much fun visiting. But I took a few before the party started and then made Russ come downstairs to take a group shot. It was a really fun night!
| Cocktail station! |
| Hot chocolate bar. |
| Everyone put their items on the charger with their name on it. I SO wish I'd gotten a picture of everyone's stuff on there! |
| The girls...minus Kelly who had to run home to relieve her Mom who was keeping Connor. |
No comments:
Post a Comment