Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Gymnastics program

Tyler has been participating in gymnastics on Fridays at school and tonight was their end-of-the-semester program. Our little guy is so shy in large crowds and in unfamiliar places and watching him tonight was a little painful, at times. He cried on and off, wanted me to pick him up and didn't participate in the entire first half of the program. It was so hard for Russ and me, as parents, too. Tyler was the only upset kid there and I was a little embarrassed to be honest. Plus, I felt bad for him that he was so upset! But since there is not a shy bone in my body, it is hard for me to sometimes know how to relate and encourage him. We knew forcing him would do no good, but decided not to let him "quit" so we stayed to watch the other kids perform.

After it was about half over, I got Tyler's shoes and said it was time to go. (Caroline was starting to get fussy and we didn't need 2 upset kids!) He did not want to leave so I told him he needed to go participate if he wanted to stay. So he actually did! It was still hit or miss on what he would do, but I was so proud of him for being brave and at least trying!


"Rock and Rolling" with Ms. Tia

"Log rolling" down the mat 
"TA-DA" at the end! He was so proud!

Caroline and Daddy cheering Tyler on.
I have a feeling she will not be our shy child...
Walking the balance beam with Ms. Nicola.



Getting his medal at the end.
He ran out before his name was even called and they improvised!

All the fabulous gymnasts!
Showing me his medal.
My brave big boy!
We got home way after bedtime and both kids were exhausted! Caroline fell asleep during her bottle and Tyler went to bed without a fuss and we didn't even read books. Gymnastics really wears a kid out!

No comments:

Post a Comment